Drinking on the trails, I'll respond...

R

Rogerd

Guys,
First thing I'll say is that the RR7 trip was a really good event for us, we had a great time, saw lots of cool rigs and met some cool people. We hope to go again next year!

I can't find the original theread so I'll start a new one.

I'll address the issues that I have a problem with with John Lee's posting:

1) As far as I am concerned John Lee does NOT have his facts straight. He should have actual fact before posting about anybody he does not know or have evidence to support. Currently, I am upset with him and his business for posting my pictures on his website and slandering me. I have asked him to remove these and hope he follows his word and does so. I think it was poor judgment on his part to include his business in such childish internet banter.

2) With concern to drinking on the trail at lunch on both Sat and Sun: Yes I did have 1 drink on both days during lunch and after the trail. I was not rowdy, rowdy or drunk on the trails. I know my limits and would behave as such. Had I been asked to stop and informed of the rules, I would have. BUT neither trail leader said anything before/during/after the trails about a no drinking policy, I had no idea it was not allowed. To that fact, I'm still not sure it was not allowed, because I can't find in any rules from the clubs/event. In fact I even offered the Sun trail leader a beer during lunch, he declined but mentioned nothing to me about not drinking. If this is in fact the rule, then at least next time I can make a choice to follow a group trail and not drink or go my rowdy way and do my own thing.

3) With concern to the loud music on the Sat trail. I played Marley out the window during lunch with the key off, so it only allows 25% volume. No one said anything to me at all, had I been asked to stop, I would have.

4) With concern to the littering on the trail. I fully resent this, I would NEVER litter on or off the trail. In fact, check with the trail leader, I stopped to pick up an empty corona bottle left by another person that the leader said to watch our for! So it makes no sense that I would pick up another persons trash and then leave my own. I don't volume I even had any of those left from Sat night to be honest. I was drinking Heinekens. If it was left behind by me, its news to me and I would apploogize. Anyways, thanks for picking it up, we should all be picking up left over trash if we see it.

All of that said, I hope to be a valued member of the Socal off road rovers groups. I hope that everybody would consider that as a group there will be differences of opinion, people will not always agree, but we can still treat each other with respect and find all the facts before making rash posts.

As far as my opinion on drinking on the trails; Just like drinking at home, in a bar, with dinner, etc. It is the choice and responsability of the driver to determine what his/her limits and comfort levels are. I think this should be at the discression of the driver, if the leader sees a driver taking it too far, then maybe a gentle word is in order.

Thanks,
Roger

Buddy

Nov 6, 2006
Central NC
mikemeyer0 said:
Drinking and Driving is illegal. However, have been known to kick back a beer or 2 on the tail.

It's not just illigal it's down right dangerous. I mean you could hit a bump and spill your drink. :D

disclaimer:
That's a joke people don't get your panties in a wad.

jimjet

Feb 22, 2005
L.I.N.Y./Daytona Beach Fl
Buddy said:
It's not just illigal it's down right dangerous. I mean you could hit a bump and spill your drink. :D

disclaimer:
That's a joke people don't get your panties in a wad.

Most have there rightous ,hypocrite, blinders on so they wont see , or want to see your disclaimer.

A couple sipping a beer on there tailgate taking a break turns into a drinking and driving debate.

Talk about the high and mighty.

They need to beam back down to earth.

:) :patriot:

GregH

Apr 24, 2004
Rogerd said:
Guys,
First thing I'll say is that the RR7 trip was a really good event for us, we had a great time, saw lots of cool rigs and met some cool people. We hope to go again next year!

I can't find the original theread so I'll start a new one.

I'll address the issues that I have a problem with with John Lee's posting:

1) As far as I am concerned John Lee does NOT have his facts straight. He should have actual fact before posting about anybody he does not know or have evidence to support. Currently, I am upset with him and his business for posting my pictures on his website and slandering me. I have asked him to remove these and hope he follows his word and does so. I think it was poor judgment on his part to include his business in such childish internet banter.

2) With concern to drinking on the trail at lunch on both Sat and Sun: Yes I did have 1 drink on both days during lunch and after the trail. I was not rowdy, rowdy or drunk on the trails. I know my limits and would behave as such. Had I been asked to stop and informed of the rules, I would have. BUT neither trail leader said anything before/during/after the trails about a no drinking policy, I had no idea it was not allowed. To that fact, I'm still not sure it was not allowed, because I can't find in any rules from the clubs/event. In fact I even offered the Sun trail leader a beer during lunch, he declined but mentioned nothing to me about not drinking. If this is in fact the rule, then at least next time I can make a choice to follow a group trail and not drink or go my rowdy way and do my own thing.

3) With concern to the loud music on the Sat trail. I played Marley out the window during lunch with the key off, so it only allows 25% volume. No one said anything to me at all, had I been asked to stop, I would have.

4) With concern to the littering on the trail. I fully resent this, I would NEVER litter on or off the trail. In fact, check with the trail leader, I stopped to pick up an empty corona bottle left by another person that the leader said to watch our for! So it makes no sense that I would pick up another persons trash and then leave my own. I don't volume I even had any of those left from Sat night to be honest. I was drinking Heinekens. If it was left behind by me, its news to me and I would apploogize. Anyways, thanks for picking it up, we should all be picking up left over trash if we see it.

All of that said, I hope to be a valued member of the Socal off road rovers groups. I hope that everybody would consider that as a group there will be differences of opinion, people will not always agree, but we can still treat each other with respect and find all the facts before making rash posts.

As far as my opinion on drinking on the trails; Just like drinking at home, in a bar, with dinner, etc. It is the choice and responsability of the driver to determine what his/her limits and comfort levels are. I think this should be at the discression of the driver, if the leader sees a driver taking it too far, then maybe a gentle word is in order.

Thanks,
Roger

I was the trail leader Sunday with Roger and he is correct about the circumstances that day.

Also, after I almost ran over the Corona bottle, I stopped and warned him via FRS and he also stopped and picked it up which I appreciated.

He did not play any loud music on my trip and I saw one beer consumed while we waited for the trail to clear of opposing traffic. He offered me one as well, which I declined, but I did not tell him he could not drink his.

He also helped change tires twice on another truck (LR3) and actually lent his spare to the other vehicle as well so they could get home. Any more flats and the Safety Seal kit was the next step.

I enjoyed the trip and I believe he and the others did as well.

emmodg

Apr 17, 2006
Holy shit! Let it go!

The whole RR thread is an amazing experiment in the absurd. People had fun, no one was hurt, move on!

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
was JL drinking Heineken cans again? no wonder people were so pissed off. that is just pure insanity and down right silly. who does that? not to mention i bet there were a few people on the trail that did not coordinate their their shirts, pants and loafers! the horror of it all.

"Has anyone seen my inverter and hair dryer?"