Rr07

Eric N.

Apr 20, 2004
Falls Church, VA
nwoods said:
Wow! I'd like to hear more about the drinking on the trail issue. That is very clearly not acceptable and was discussed at the trip leaders meeting. Feel free to post it here or contact me off line.

For the record, the policy was that there is no drinking while driving on the trail, but it's allowed in moderation during the lunch stop, with the discretion of the trail leader to limit it further.

my 2 cents...

Take it off line.. It's unacceptable behavior that is for sure but, at the same time you never know who is reading this...

GreenHornet

Sep 9, 2005
Tujunga, CA
www.nettechy.com
I think the RR7 organizers did an excellent job of organizing the entire event, instead of complaining let's thank them for taking time out of their busy lives to organize, coordinate and lead trails and making sure everyone had a great time.

JSQ

Apr 21, 2004
San Diego, CA
Nathan Woods is a fucking poseur and he can't man up in person or on the internet.

The last thing Tony is, is cheap. He wanted what he paid for and Nathan gave him the high hat. Nathan is such a fucking meddling newbie that he ingratiates himself into SCLR and Rover Rendezvous and then relies on internet coverage in Death Valley to realize his grandiose plans. Big fucking surprise that shit didn't work. If he'd been going to Rallies in remote deserts for more than a year or two he wouldn't make such a fucking rookie mistake. The fact that Nathan clings to SCLR for his LR and offroad identity is pathetic. He's so insecure about who he is and what it means to him that merely belonging to SCLR isn't enough for him (probably because he's member # 1,004,309 or some shit). First he has to become an "officer" and then he has to have fucking business cards made up so he can hand them out on the trail. Fucking pathetic. Just like he waltzed into discoweb proclaiming to be the LR3 messiah, only to get his ass handed to him. I can just imagine him rolling up to some real offroader on the trail with his business card and offering up his "expertise". What a joke.

Nathan is such an experienced "wheeler" and trip leader that he couldn't even manage to fix a fucking flat on the RRS that went on his bunny run. The sorry ass motherfucker doesn't even know how to use a Safety Seal and in lieu of reading the directions, he advocated spraying the plug with WD40 instead of the supplied lube. Apparently his own stormtrooper-edition-eunuch-lockerless-coiler-LR3 was throwing codes for the few systems it DID come equipped with on Sunday. What a POS.

While Tony was trying to simply get what he paid for, I didn't pay for shit and Nathan was all bent out of shape. By the time I got around to checking out the dates for RR7 the event was full and I'm no longer a member of LRCSD. Oh well, I rolled out anyways. I didn't consume any of SCLR or Panamint Springs resources or manpower and I kept it low-pro. All I did was camp and if anyone had a problem with it, BLM land was all of 80 ft. away. I didn't go on a SCLR trail run either day (I led my own group to the Racetrack on Saturday and then to Pleasant Canyon on Sunday) I didn't get a t-shirt, I didn't eat the meals and I didn't go to the marathon 3 hour raffle. All I did was happen to be in the same National Park, but boy did that irk Nathan. He hadn't seen my name on the list of registrants, which apparently he was scouring to satiate his obsession with me, and when my group rolled up next to his at the Racetrack boy was he flustered. He was really threatened by the fact that I'd shown up to RR7 without registering (just like about 30 other trucks). In fact, he started raving to one of our group about how I "would never be allowed to join SCLR!". Funny, I've been in SoCal with a Land Rover for a few years now and I haven't felt the need to join SCLR yet, but I'm sure I was just on the verge and Nathan headed me off at the pass. Deft move Nathan, banning me from a club I've never tried to join. Nathan was so incensed my friend suggested he take it up with me in person since I was standing all of a 25 ft away. Nathan declined.

nwoods

Apr 1, 2006
SoCal
www.nextstepdesigns.com
JSQ said:
sorry ass motherfucker doesn't even know how to use a Safety Seal and in lieu of reading the directions, he advocated spraying the plug with WD40 instead of the supplied lube.

? Jack, what are you talking about?

The person who had a flat had his own plug kit (not SafetySeal), and he tried to plug his tire with it, but the tool bent (flimsy POS), so the interest of time, we just swapped in his spare on the trail. Back at the campsite, I gave him my SafteySeal kit to try out. A short while later he gave it back and said he didn't bother with it.

That is the beginning, middle and end of that story. You have a very colorful imagination.

D

discobuddy

The reason the raffle did not start until after 9pm was out of respect to those still on Isham Canyon. Also some of the raffle prizes were locked up in one of the sponsors trailers who was on Isham.

JSQ

Apr 21, 2004
San Diego, CA
etcatmeat said:
I had an awesome time and I appreciate the efforts of everyone involved in planing RR7 and hope to attend next year's event! Here are a few pics for your enjoyment!

http://webpages.charter.net/etcatmeat/rr7/photos.htm

Roverlady said:
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. I'm still drooling over the RRS and your P38!

Holy Shit Susannah!
You have got to be fucking kidding me.

etcatmeat's P38 is fucking hideous.
When we saw his truck in person at RR7 everyone around agreed unanomously that it is THE WORST P38 we have seen to date.
What a fucking monstrosity.
I don't know quite what's worst about it.
Is it the swiss cheese skidplate?
Is it the blacked out idiotic turn signals and tail lights?
Is it the el cheapo tires on badass-black-jeeped-out-offset-steelies?
Is it the better-on-a-big-rig CB antenna?
Is it the bright red diaper his truck is wearing for a diffguard?
No, it's none of those.
Hands down it's the motorized swiveling spotlight on the roof.
Fucking ridiculous.
This terror of the high school parking lot wheeling scene actually rotated the spotlight jewel in his King Moron crown back and forth for us as he drove past our group at the Racetrack. Nevermind that it was about high noon with the Death Valley sun beating down.

This pathetic little neophyte has already been annoying the shit out of everyone here on discoweb.
Let me tell you, seeing his sorry ass in his poseurmobile in person is no less grating.

Oh btw, etcatmeat how's that bad-to-the bone mkIII build up coming along? Is it every bit as horrible as your P38?

Ruffin' It

Oct 25, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
reelpain said:
I stand behind my post. The events I describe are truthful! Im not scorn, and over it. Just call it what it is and don't make excuses. I can manage the logistics of over 5,000 of my Patients with a staff of 5. We're talking about 100 trucks! People DID get "free" tickets, so let's put our TRUTHFUL hats on. As the "Web Master" take responsibility for what the info said. I realize no one else caught it, but shouldn't it have been your responsibility to make it right? Without the condecending tone? I had to track you down at the tent when it was YOU who said "I'll take care of it". Trails were great and still had a blast! It amazes me though that Tickets were still being "whored" out at a raffle that was suppose to start at 8:30 but didn't start until well after 9:00 pm. Oops......there goes your "shortage" of ticket theory! "Truthfulness" is in the eye's of the beholder I guess. Save face..Enough Said on the matter! Happy Trails to all..

Seriously do you think that it is that impressive you are a doctor? You really sound like an ass when you are unable to get a post out without mentioning it. Maybe get over yourself a little and a few problems at RR7 won't seem like such a life ending experience. They are raffle tickets. Raffle tickets for God's sake. Let it go and just be happy that these people were nice enough to put this whole thing on so you could go and have a good time without you having to do much of anything but show up.

And, lastly, did you really say someone was "whoring" raffle tickets? Wow, I'll stay out of your way at the next school fair. They obviously mean A LOT to you.

Ruffin' It

Oct 25, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
nwoods said:
? Jack, what are you talking about?

The person who had a flat had his own plug kit (not SafetySeal), and he tried to plug his tire with it, but the tool bent (flimsy POS), so the interest of time, we just swapped in his spare on the trail. Back at the campsite, I gave him my SafteySeal kit to try out. A short while later he gave it back and said he didn't bother with it.

That is the beginning, middle and end of that story. You have a very colorful imagination.

Sounds to me like the poor guy's daddy either didn't hug him enough or hugged him too much. Nobody flips out like that unless they are have "I'm sad and have to be a dick to compensate" issues. If he really didn't care he would have just let it go and not bothered to post up.

Every once in a while I come back to discweb to remind myself why I never come here. There are just enough retards to annoy me just enough to avoid this place.

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
Jack - I thought I'd make a feeble attempt of pretending to not being a cheap ass by paying the guys on Sat. morning.

Sounds like I missed a lot of fun. Surely RR is not just about wheeling!

john

nwoods said:
Wow! I'd like to hear more about the drinking on the trail issue. That is very clearly not acceptable and was discussed at the trip leaders meeting. Feel free to post it here or contact me off line.

Forget offline. Stuff like this should be public.

Ask anybody who was at Cottonwood on Saturday and he'll tell you the details.

Apparently, the morons even took pics of the drinking and posted them on the web:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g...s 7 Death Valley/RR7CottonwoodSaturday030.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g...s 7 Death Valley/RR7CottonwoodSaturday031.jpg

And no, the drinking was not limited to lunch. (Not that drinking during lunch is acceptable behavior.) And no, the drinking was not limited to beers either. There were tequila shots being passed around. These shit-kicker dumb fucks don't even have an Engel. Oh the horror.

curtis

Apr 20, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Fuck me. John Lee just posted. Or am I having vision trouble?

Wow. To think that I passed within 100 miles of this event last weekend and missed it. Damn...:smilelol:

Ho

Staff member
Nathan,

I see you clicked the "report" button there with complaints.

Axel and I get complaints all the time about all kinds of issues. But this one is different:

nwoods ( mailto:nathan@woodsfamily.cc ) has reported this post:

Re: Rr07
http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?p=380511#post380511

This is part of this thread:
Rr07
http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34921

This is the reason that the user gave:
You know, I can handle personal attacks, but it's so much easier to play around verbally if we at least try to inject some fact into the conversation.

I am still trying to reconcile how a group of competant people such as the EE clique, that exposes such high value and esteem premium lifestyle and quality, can accomodate behavior that willfully violates the written rules, policies, spirit and intent of an event.

How is that scofflaw behaviour in keeping with being a step above the rest? What example is that setting? How is that inspiring me to be better at what I do?

NW

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.

I know you hate Jack. This is between you and Jack. No, I take that back. It WAS between you and Jack. Now that you want to get EE involved into this, please tell me how does EE "accomodate behavior that willfully violates the written rules, policies, spirit and intent of an event."

???

reelpain

Apr 23, 2007
Ruffin' it; I am anything but self absorbed about my profession. Im a paying enthusiast just like yourself and thats all. In fact, It was OTHER poster's who referred to my profession and thinking that this matter is simply a cheap bastard complaining. I'll spell this out one more time for those who can't read; It was NOT about the darn raffle ticket's. It was about Nathan Woods "handling" of a situation. But thanks for your two cent's.

Nathan, I don't know you very well, I too was standing there and heard YOU recommended WD40 for the Seal Kit. I say this with certainty; You lack credibility amongst your LR community peer's and are a LIAR! Bad Mojo Karma for you.

Eric N.

Apr 20, 2004
Falls Church, VA
john said:
Forget offline. Stuff like this should be public.

John, I'm all for people getting called out for doing stupid stuff however, I'm sure pictures like that getting sent to the land managment office, rangers, or whom ever over sees that land wouldn't be a good thing for the rest of us.. Unless of course it had their licence plate number included with it.. At least they weren't pictures of them driving on the trail with a beer in one hand and the steering wheel in the other.

People should have said some thing to them right there on the spot..

Last edited:

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
JSQ said:
Holy Shit Susannah!
You have got to be fucking kidding me.

etcatmeat's P38 is fucking hideous.
When we saw his truck in person at RR7 everyone around agreed unanomously that it is THE WORST P38 we have seen to date.
What a fucking monstrosity.
I don't know quite what's worst about it.
Is it the swiss cheese skidplate?
Is it the blacked out idiotic turn signals and tail lights?
Is it the el cheapo tires on badass-black-jeeped-out-offset-steelies?
Is it the better-on-a-big-rig CB antenna?
Is it the bright red diaper his truck is wearing for a diffguard?
No, it's none of those.
Hands down it's the motorized swiveling spotlight on the roof.
Fucking ridiculous.
This terror of the high school parking lot wheeling scene actually rotated the spotlight jewel in his King Moron crown back and forth for us as he drove past our group at the Racetrack. Nevermind that it was about high noon with the Death Valley sun beating down.

This pathetic little neophyte has already been annoying the shit out of everyone here on discoweb.
Let me tell you, seeing his sorry ass in his poseurmobile in person is no less grating.

Oh btw, etcatmeat how's that bad-to-the bone mkIII build up coming along? Is it every bit as horrible as your P38?

LOL!! It must have been my extreme ENVY for THIS that clouded my judgement!!
I didn't realize that was the same 'blacked out' P38 from previous discussions. I do, however, always appreciate a lifted P38 and anyone who wheels one! And the rest of his pictures WERE nice.

PS I want to see a picture of the "bright red diaper his truck is wearing for a diff guard" though. You know, since I've been in the market lately. ;)