03 Land Rover Discovery SE, One of a Kind!

P

PeterW

scottjal said:
Oh my god, I can't believe I didn't see any posts about that rear panhard angle. That thing needs to be LEVEL to function properly. Right now when you hit a bump it will shove the truck sideways at that angle. Is it even the right length? Looks like the rear axle isn't centered.

I'm sorry, but your mistaken. Yes, with a watts linkage its best to keep it "level" but once the watts linkage is maxed out, you have to change the suspension. The truck handles bumps fine, no weird sideway reaction as you explained. Yes, everything is the correct length even adjustable, Why build up something so it can be a wrong length? I can assure the rear axle is centered, I'll post more detailed pictures if you like?

PeterW

Lucasd2002

Jan 7, 2006
Atlanta-ish
PeterW said:
I'm sorry, but your mistaken. Yes, with a watts linkage its best to keep it "level" but once the watts linkage is maxed out, you have to change the suspension. The truck handles bumps fine, no weird sideway reaction as you explained. Yes, everything is the correct length even adjustable, Why build up something so it can be a wrong length? I can assure the rear axle is centered, I'll post more detailed pictures if you like?

PeterW

Go ahead. I think everybody would enjoy some more pictures of the Python or whatever you are calling it. Would you like a backhoe to help make that hole you're digging for yourself deeper?

SDD2

May 20, 2006
first rule of thumb for politicians and everyone else ... when you're in a hole ... stop digging ...

P

PeterW

Thanks for the support curtis, Glad to see that you care so much!

peter

Jun 18, 2004
I like how it looks. at least someone has done 37's on a d2. but how is it off-road.

P

PeterW

Peter,

It performs great, But the majority of people here think it sucks after looking at a few pictures of it on the interwebs. And . . . . they hate me!

Attachments

• gallerykitten3.jpg
    gallerykitten3.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
P

PeterW

OKdiscokid said:
5,000 and you got urself a deal, or i'll trade you straight up my 98 D1

Can't do either, If I could I would!

traveltoad said:
If you have not done all the drivetrain upgrades needed for 37s then it does suck.

If people would just believe me, maybe see it in person or even drive it. The truck wouldn't seem so silly anymore. But what does BushViper know?

P

PeterW

More Pictures...

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 180

varova87

Mar 21, 2006
Texas
concerning the first set of pictures you posted...

is the life-size rover included in that price? 17,500 is more than I was wanting to pay for a "new in box" discovery

cptyarderho

Apr 23, 2004
Va
Good luck. I think it looks cool, but I also wonder about the drive train. 37s on that factory stuff around here would last about 20-30 minutes. Now with Yota conversion... do they make anything upgraded for the DII front axle setup?