Disco Fishing pole holder

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
where i'm at right now, duh...
I built it out of a sheet of 16ga steel i bought at lowes for 9 dollars, some rubber gromets, and a few rivnuts. The rear is attached with rivnuts in the roof and under the alpine windows. It's very stout and can easily handle a 25lb wieght that i hung from it. the front is attatched on the oh shit handle and the poles are secured with an elastic loop. I haven't done it yet, but I'm going to dip the portion of the holder that touches the rod in a form of rubber used to refinish tool handles. Just a light coat should work. I may add another one up front for longer poles, we'll see.

Attachments

• dsc01763 (2).jpg
    dsc01763 (2).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 341
  • dsc01766 (2).jpg
    dsc01766 (2).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 210
  • dsc01767 (2).jpg
    dsc01767 (2).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 181
  • dsc01762 (2).jpg
    dsc01762 (2).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 272

brianhoberg

Apr 16, 2007
San Antonio, TX
www.brianhoberg.com
Man that looks really good. I've had to resort to either running the rods up the center of the truck and over the console or have to break them apart at their junction points to make them fitin the back. That's an awesome idea. Good concept!

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
brianhoberg said:
Man that looks really good. I've had to resort to either running the rods up the center of the truck and over the console or have to break them apart at their junction points to make them fitin the back. That's an awesome idea. Good concept!

yeah, i got tired of dealing with that or just worrying about breaking rod tips by accident.

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
marc olivares said:
that's not half bad Matt.
though i keep my rods in a fancy tube, i like the approach
;)

thanks guys.

I normally keep my rods in a tube also Marc, but since i go fishing on the river every week I get tired of having to take reels off, or break down poles to fit in the case. This way they're up out of the way and they won't get damaged. All I have to do is take one down and go.

GARover

May 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If you wanted to make some more of those and put them up for sale for us lazy folk... I'm sure a few of us (myself included) would be inclined to buy some from ya. ;)

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
GARover said:
If you wanted to make some more of those and put them up for sale for us lazy folk... I'm sure a few of us (myself included) would be inclined to buy some from ya. ;)

I might be able to do that.

I had some "flakey customers" with my pinion skids cause they thought shipping was too much to pay for the part. This is light, so shipping should be cheap. If others are interested let me know, I may just buy a couple sheets and cut out several pieces at once so i can save time.

you'll have to take off the plastic trim and install two rivnuts, so if that's no problem, it shouldn't be hard to install at all.