CNC High Quality 1" & 2" lifting spacer's

D

dominic

Due to expansion in selling take off parts and now expanding our own new products we are able to offer professionally made CNC spacer's as pictured below, these are made to our exact specification by a jeweller that make's high end alloy & stainless steel products.

We evaluated the competition as the example of the lower picture and are 100% happier with our product.

Set of 4x 1" inch fronts pictured below have the machined hole for the shock absorber with all fittings is $200 CDN plus P&P.

Set of 4x 2" inch fronts pictured below have the machined hole for the shock absorber with all fittings is $250 CDN plus P&P.

Delivery time is 2-3 weeks, sure there are a lot of people that can say there are cheaper one's but none are to this high standard - after all why put junk under your ride?

Email: info@landroversalvage.ca

Attachments

• Rockard.jpg
    Rockard.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 455
  • Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 390
D

dominic

D Chapman said:
LMAO!!!! 16.00 each at McMaster Carr for the rear. Dill two bolt holes, and your done.

Up front needs to me drilled out on a lathe. 40.00 an hour, one hour tops.

http://www.mcmaster.com/param/asp/P...51297513954&ScreenWidth=1024&McMMainWidth=812

How come in life there is always a smartass? this link you boasted about is for quote "Unpolished (Mill)" - look at the pictures man and you will see the products that i sell are machined - even the holes are finished - this is quality not rough sawn junk im suprised you didnt just use four hockey pucks.

In other words you get what you pay for if you want to mail me your 'finished' product and ill even pay your shipping for the excercise and compare them side by side in open forum - what i sell is A1 maybe you dont see it everyday but they are perfectly weighted and matched with the hi-tensile hardware, marketed towards people who want quality and are not likely to fill the trucks with Walmart oil :)

D

D Chapman

Wal-Mart oil is Rotella-T, isn't it? Yep, that's what I use! Good shit!

Machining out a 4" disk for a spring spacer is a waste of time. I mean, come on dude! It rest's under a spring perch, so as soon as you install the thing, the finish will be busted. It's a spacer, not a high percision part.

If you want those 16.00 pucks from McMaster Carr to shine, sand them with some 120 grit.... Better yet, paint them black.

Maybe I don't see what everyday?? Finished parts? LOL... http://discoweb.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11172&stc=1&d=1146504366

D

dominic

"Machining out a 4" disk for a spring spacer is a waste of time" - Really? so when those saw marks fissure out into stress cracks and the thing splits in two - hence why the bolt holes are also machined to prevent fracture's its just overkill right?.

As for painting them will that reveal on preventative maintenance visible fracture's? - our gear is warranted with no-quibble exchange we don't just goto the mom & pop hardware store for the fitting's either. "Maybe I don't see what everyday?? Finished parts?" - maybe you don't on your rig but you do on ours - Ive been professionally restoring classic cars for over 20 years - all have been featured in UK magazines or other media - it is my living I have a professional shop and many people on these boards have visited me and attest that I know my stuff.

Obviously our quality is beyond your realms - maybe you set lower standards - cant help that mate its your rig with you and your valued ones in it, but we will not lower quality just because somebody thinks they can goto a steel mill and hack off 1" rod and knock something up in a garden shed that bears faint resemblance to a finished warranted product.

"Wal-Mart oil is Rotella-T, isn't it? Yep, that's what I use! Good shit!" - really?
www.amsoil.com - There is a well known English phrase that goes "do not caste pearls before swine" - most applicable in this post....

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
not poking fun at your stuff, but come on, it's a spring spacer... what's all this "precision" crap?

"stress cracks" you've got to me kidding me..... IT"S A SPRING SPACER.

$170 is just plain silly for (2) 1" spacers.

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
I'll offer to CNC 1-2 in spring spacers to anyone on here for 149.99.............+ shipping of course. :D

Hey they are precision.....:smilelol:

D

dominic

marc olivares said:
not poking fun at your stuff, but come on, it's a spring spacer... what's all this "precision" crap?

"stress cracks" you've got to me kidding me..... IT"S A SPRING SPACER.

$170 is just plain silly for (2) 1" spacers.

Hi Marc
Now thats the kind of chat i appreciate - you make your point respectfully and i value that - there is a reason why this 'precision crap' is done - i evaluated the competition saw the obvious weakness and flaws - I want my customers to get a quality item i dont finish things with 120 grit for the same reason why vise grips are not in the main tool racks - it is fair comment to assume that people wont question quality for the very reasons why they bought a rover and not a jeep, its a personal choice but i wont be comprimising my name just to fill a nich on the cheap - wait till you see the wheel spacers & the disclocation cones - No they will not be $$$ but they wont be knock up junk either!

The prices quoted are for FOUR spacers & fitting's my guys dont work for $40 an hour im sure they would enjoy that one :)

A lot of people have there standards some just throw things together because it looks good - as an example my street rod volvo amazon, i had the inside of the motor proffesionally coated for faster sump return and had the clutch and flywheel lightened and balanced - some might say overkill but the car out accelerated the wife's then acura legend, its all down to what you put in is what you get out, hence i in embarking on this line & cannot lower the bar just to make a buck, its bit like asking Boyd Coddington to use Bondo instead of Lead loading :) - thanks Dom

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
oh wait, my bad,,,170 for 4...LOL

come on Dom, these things are gonna get dirty and forgotten about
and then will tarnish and look like hell in any winter enviornment

people arent looking for Coddington work for their lift, they wantt cheap.
i was selling the same thing you've got listed for $60 for 4.
and people even complained about that.
been there done that. in the end they just get covered up by the spring plates and you cant see the"quality"

hope they sell for you.

Last edited:
D

dominic

marc olivares said:
oh wait, my bad,,,170 for 4...LOL

come on Dom, these things are gonna get dirty and forgotten about
and then will tarnish and look like hell in any winter enviornment

people arent looking for Coddington work for their lift, they wantt cheap.
i was selling the same thing you've got listed for $60 for 4.
and people even complained about that.
been there done that. in the end they just get covered up by the spring plates and you cant see the"quality"

hope the sell for you.

Hi Marc
I really wish i could put one in your hand :)

Mine havent tarnished im in Eastern Ontario - plenty of salt - hence why they are polished to avoided bi-metallic corrosion & you do see mine installed - I know people want cheap but as said the right people will buy and those that dont - who cares? i see enough bodged rover's limping in with ill thought out mod's and crappy install's half the people on these boards bought the things instead of a minivan and dont know how to repair anything other than posting dumb arse questions about tyres - I knew id get some digs thats a given but the wave of hostility amazes me.

Yes i know that its a blog board and its fair game but the bottom line is i am selling an honest product for serious people, I really wouldnt wish to tell the company that makes these for me the kinda reception they got for there time served craftsmenship. I dont believe in pissing on anybodys camp fire face to face or otherwise with wise arsed comments and 8th grade icons - after all im an adult not a kid anymore and dont work for anybody but myself even today as im working on a 62 land cruiser rebuild ive told the customer to back off and let me do it right nobody would transfer a firewall from an 84 into a 62 just so the 24v diesel soleniods have OEM mounts!- as its the 2nd one for him he know's quality and workmanship - the first one's just been used in a media shot in a studio - so im not really going to worry if people do or dont buy from me - those that do have all become welcomed friendships - cant please everybody all the time

Anyhow they are there and built properly and have a warranty if people want a cheap lift ill be delighted to give em 4 hockey puks but wont put my name on them :)

Roverdoc

Dec 12, 2004
California
I made 4 ...even with the cut out for the shock for 25 bucks....just use a metal hole saw.........even ground them smooth with high speed wheel......mmmm...they are under the spring seat so you cant even see them...

Steve Rupp

Apr 21, 2004
Seattle, WA
www.discoweb.org
Dom, i think you're missing the point here. Yeah they look super bling and i'm sure they are the finest quality a spring spacer can be. But seriously, it's a little overkill to put under a spring plate.

D

D Chapman

For the price of your, you could have these. http://www.rovertym.com/spacers.htm

Oh, and our shop rate is 35.00hr, not 40. I said 40.00 because I know we're cheap, and other areas will be 40-50 range. Guess if your going to be compeditive in the US market, you'll have to move your shop to the US. We're kicking your ass on labor.

nosivad_bor

Mar 27, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
i have to take issue with implying that if you have a saw cut spacer it could possibly suffer from stress cracks. i think this is a complete lie.

also polishing the part will do nothing for bi metal cross pollination.. bla bla.. not that should ever be a concern. I would add if you want the finest product that you should black powder coat them. oh wait that might hide stress cracks. ?? man thats a hell of a lie there.

I work in a precision machine shop we have cnc mills, lathes etc. i know what quality is and i'm sure these are complete overkill.

noee

Apr 20, 2004
Free Union, VA
...it is fair comment to assume that people wont question quality for the very reasons why they bought a rover and not a jeep,

trolling here...but...are you actually arguing for the superiority of LR quality?