CDL Handle for DII, PICTURES! Diff lock, finally! For Sale

mvpagent1

Jan 1, 2006
Rockledge, FL
$85.00 shipped!!! I will custom make these all aluminum cdl handles for Discovery IIs to exact specs. This handle will enable user to activate center diff lock in the transfer case for amazing capability and traction. Land Rover got rid of cdl for a few years because of the "soccer moms" activating cdl on pavement and hurting the transfer case, but then Land Rover reintroduced it back for 2004 due to popular demand. This is a MUST!!! Easy to install, these will maybe take someone 30 minutes with nominal tools. I will be happy to answer any questions, please e-mail me at MVPAgent1@aol.com or call anytime at 321-544-8578. Thanks, Matt

Click links below for pictures

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df08b3127cce96b9208339c600000016108AcNWrdk2cuK

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df08b3127cce96b92170f89d00000016108AcNWrdk2cuK

S

syoung

WTF? How does that thing work- it's not apparent from the pics...

Think

Sep 21, 2005
Atlanta, GA
If you've ever looked at Josh Shapiro's truck, he has one. Basically, you have to manually activate it by getting out of the car so it's a biotch when you need it.

mvpagent1

Jan 1, 2006
Rockledge, FL
It is very easy to operate. Just step out, reach under passenger side of truck and pull handle 1 in. to engage and push back 1 in to disengage. Will include directions for install and use...

RAV

Sep 16, 2005
SEATTLE
I think we need more pics, including installed pics and some more info on how it works.

mvpagent1

Jan 1, 2006
Rockledge, FL
Unfortunatley, I wish that it was just bar stock and nuts and bolts... But it's the fabrication, aluminum, and shipping for these... Hey, it's the most inexpensive way to engage cdl on these.

flyfisher11

May 25, 2005
Wolf Laurel NC
Think said:
If you've ever looked at Josh Shapiro's truck, he has one. Basically, you have to manually activate it by getting out of the car so it's a biotch when you need it.

Does anybody remember getting out and locking hubs or am I just getting old ;)

rdoane

Oct 5, 2004
Houston, TX
JohnC said:
Hmm, that's funny, I saw a post on LRO from Josh and he said it only costs $7 .....
i had one made for $10
rofl.gif

Last edited:

lordkenyon

Oct 24, 2005
A
Hey, I don't think there's any reason that people should get on here and rag the guy for offering his product. He's taken the time to fab up a device and offer it to the dweb community. There's no doubt that many of us can make one more cheaply or differently, but he's offering a finished product that will be easier for some people than going out and fabing up their own.

I don't know who Matt is or anything about his product. I just don't think we should be bashing people who are offering the dweb community a service like this. If people think it's too expensive, he won't sell any and will lower his price. It's simply the way it works.

I just wouldn't want to discourage any one else from offering products because they were fearful that people are going to attack their price/methods/etc. They'll figure it out from the orders. It's one thing to write a candid review on the quality, fit, or value if you've got one, but entirely another to quickly dismiss something in a public forum based on just it's price.

flyfisher11 said:
Does anybody remember getting out and locking hubs or am I just getting old ;)
Ha. Not that old. I had locking hubs on my Toyota pick-ups. Those things were truely tuff with two Fs. Check out the Top Gear segment on it: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2402060372341641699

Last edited:

RoverChic

Apr 19, 2004
den Haag
MtclimberVT said:
i thought i was a sucker for paying $50 when i got mine from a shop in colorado but $85 thats really pushing it....

Honey you paid $100$ or $125$ for it or more......remember? You were ripped off! :(

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
Dude you know you made that for $5.00 TOPS. I have the same set up thanks to a buddy who used it on his discoII. If anyone wan't a step by step on how it works and how to build it send me a pm. Someone can build it and install in under 20 minutes.

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
mvpagent1 said:
$85.00 shipped!!! I will custom make these all aluminum cdl handles for Discovery IIs to exact specs. This handle will enable user to activate center diff lock in the transfer case for amazing capability and traction. Land Rover got rid of cdl for a few years because of the "soccer moms" activating cdl on pavement and hurting the transfer case, but then Land Rover reintroduced it back for 2004 due to popular demand. This is a MUST!!! Easy to install, these will maybe take someone 30 minutes with nominal tools. I will be happy to answer any questions, please e-mail me at MVPAgent1@aol.com or call anytime at 321-544-8578. Thanks, Matt

Click links below for pictures

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df08b3127cce96b9208339c600000016108AcNWrdk2cuK

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df08b3127cce96b92170f89d00000016108AcNWrdk2cuK

Oh and remember folks that only the 99 discoII was made with the T230 transfer case. To my knowledge no other year was made with the CDL ready t-case. :D

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
Think said:

The only thing that is kind of a biotch is remembering to inactivate it before you turn off your truck. If you turn off your truck without disengaging it, the ETC will not activate. You have to disengage it then turn off your truck then start the truck and re-engage it to enable the ETC.

flyfisher11

May 25, 2005
Wolf Laurel NC
rmuller said:
1999/2000/first few months of 2001 had the CDL "nipple"

Yepper! My 2000 has CDL and it works real good :D I have the "ghetto" handle and it works great. I have however just found a '04 linkage assembly that I am going to install. I am going to start a thread in the technical section asking for help on the install. Feel free to email me if anyone reading this has done that swap.

Thanks!

Mike

S

syoung

Mike- I'll be doing a write-up on how to do that very same thing... we're doing one this week