Group Buy: Discovery RC

craig

Oct 1, 2004
Edmonds, WA
overlandnavigator.com
Keith at http://www.kamtec.co.uk/ said that he will make a 1/10th scale Land Rover Discovery body shell for a Radio Controlled truck if we get 20 people together on a group buy. If you are interested, post here or PM me.

I believe the price is the same as all the other 1/10th scale bodies he has for sale. The group buy would just insure that he a.) makes it, and b.) makes it soon.

--Craig

N

NorCalDiscoII

mikemeyer0 said:
I will take a disco one if it will fit the t-maxx (1/10 scale) also under 40 bucks shipped.

Ditto, count me in.

craig

Oct 1, 2004
Edmonds, WA
overlandnavigator.com
I'll send Keith an email and find out about ABS or Plastic, and what scales he is going to make it in. I'll also find out what cars it will fit.

I'm taking off on a trip for the weekend, so I'll post a reply on Sunday night or as soon as I hear back from him thereafter.

--Craig

craig

Oct 1, 2004
Edmonds, WA
overlandnavigator.com
Here is Keith's reply to most of the questions:

What scale would you be making the body at?
10th

- What vehicles would it fit?
TLO! (Tamiya TL01) And std 10th chassis

- Would you be making a Land Rover Discovery Series I or a Series II? Up to you

- What materials would be available? ABS/Lexan? both

- How much would they cost (in US dollars if you know) ?14.00 ($24.50 US)

- How much is it to ship to the US? ?20.00 ($35 US) for 20 bodies I think

- Would I just send people to you to place an order in the name of ?discoweb?, and then once we get 20 orders you would work on it ? or, do I need to get everyone together, collect the money, and make a single purchase?

You could get them all to contact me and send the money.

craig

Oct 1, 2004
Edmonds, WA
overlandnavigator.com
So, I count 15 bodies in this thread (13 + my 2). 5 more and we can start placing orders with Keith.

There is still the small item of D1 vs D2. I suggest that each person ordering gets one vote per body being ordered and majority rules. Is that agreeable to everyone?

--Craig

S

syoung

Now there's the voting part-

I've already requested two- my TWO votes are for DII and clear lexan vs. abs

craig

Oct 1, 2004
Edmonds, WA
overlandnavigator.com
cboy903 said:
My 2 should be DII in lexan also.

What body style do you vote for? D1 or D2. He is only going to make one style, and we have to decide which one we want. You get 2 votes since you are ordering two bodies.

Whatever body style he makes (D1/D2), they will be available in your choice of lexan or plastic. When you place your order, you can tell him which you want, or in your case one of each if you prefer.

I think we should hold off placing orders until we know we have 20 bodies... we are at 17 now.

--Craig