Repair manual for 2003-2004 Discovery II

benny

Jan 30, 2005
McGaheysville VA
Does Haynes make a repair manual for the 03-04 DII with the 4.6 engine? The only ones I could find say they are for a diesel model. What other manuals are available and affordable?

benny

Jan 30, 2005
McGaheysville VA
Thanks for the suggestions. As for the Haynes manuals, they may not be the best, but every one I have bought has more than saved me the $15 or so that I paid for it

listerdiesel

Haynes manuals are fine for the average DIY service type of guy, we bought both the D2 and the diesel supplement manuals when we first got ours, but we were onto RAVE within a week or so, you really need it for the detailed stuff that Haynes hasn't the time or space for.

Still got the Haynes books up on the shelf.... ;)

Peter

listerdiesel

There is no Haynes for the 03/04 D2.

No, but the D2 diesel supplement does cover D2, mainly with the TD5 which you don't have in the USA/Canada:

Book No: 4606
ISBN: 9781844256068

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...ctId=40153&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10215

D1 book:

Book No: 3016
ISBN: 9781859607084

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...ctId=12981&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10215

So if you have the D1 book and the supplement, it's a fair start.

Haynes don't offer the land Rover books in your market, but they are available.

Peter

Bosbefok

Jul 20, 2010
Orlando, FL
Um, let me rephrase that for you:
There is no Haynes manual for the 03/04 V8 D2 NAS - that would be the 4.6 the OP is referring to.
Let's face it, there are no diesel D2 or very few of them in the USA. So saying that there is a TD5 Haynes manual is basically worthless to us. Not that Haynes manuals are useful anyway.

jafir

May 4, 2011
Northwest Arkansas
I had a Dodge Dart Haynes manual, that was actually written in England for some reason. It had a page in it that converted different technical terms to American English.

listerdiesel

Um, let me rephrase that for you:
There is no Haynes manual for the 03/04 V8 D2 NAS - that would be the 4.6 the OP is referring to.
Let's face it, there are no diesel D2 or very few of them in the USA. So saying that there is a TD5 Haynes manual is basically worthless to us. Not that Haynes manuals are useful anyway.

There isn't one for the UK/European D2 V8 either, but for the average guy who does his own oil changes etc., the basic manuals are fine.

Those that need more information come to the forums and get hold of details and/or RAVE.

By the time the D2 V8 was on sale in the UK, the TD5 was outselling it roughly 20:1.

Peter