My not so average RRC build.

Shawnb26

Jul 2, 2012
Orlando
Hey guys,

Iv been learking on Dweb for just over a year. About 14 months ago I bought my first Rover. I picked up mildly modified and cleanish 95 SWB RRC. Below is a photo of when I bought the truck and a mod list.

OME Shocks
3" Springs
Equipe Trailing Arms
Radius Arms
Equipe Steering Stabilizer
HD Upgraded Steering/panhard
ARB Bumper
X9 Winch Synthetic Line
Stainless Brake Lines
Borla Exhaust
New 285/75/16 (33"s) Mud Rovers
LT230
Disco Conversion Drive Shafts

photo-33.jpg

Most people would be good to go with that set up. I had big plans when I bought the truck. About 2 weeks into driving it I noticed every hose was leaking and my alternator took a dump on me. So I did what anyone would do.... tare the whole truck down and I started my build. Here is a link to catch you up to date. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/land-rover/1082676-95-classic-build.html I figured Im at a good point to start a build thread on here. Basically I built my own armor, painted my truck, replaced some of the rear floor, I made my H1 wheels, made all the carbon fiber parts, lots a mechanical work, made my own exhaust, etc... Im a big "Do it yourselfer". The truck hasn't left my shop. As of a week ago were mobile and Iv been putting around town. Below are a few current photos of where Im at. Im by no means done.

Glamor Shots:

IMG_2403_zpsf85727d9.jpg

IMG_2401_zps7ff18758.jpg

IMG_2408_zpsceeee81f.jpg

IMG_2382_zps527c70a4.jpg

There is an old Hummer dealer about 2 miles from my house that has been closed down for a few years. They have a test course out back and ran up there to take a few poser shots.

Poser Shots:

IMG_2392_zps88c7cd31.jpg

IMG_2397_zps3666cb1c.jpg

IMG_2396_zpsd1c68b3b.jpg

IMG_2394_zps11071cf3.jpg

IMG_2399_zpsbe17c376.jpg

IMG_2400_zpsa983c074.jpg

Im pretty close to moving to "Phase 2" of my build. Ill be building some axels very soon. Ill also be collecting suspension parts. The plan is to coil-over the front. Link the rear with 5" springs. Nothing is set in stone as of yet.

Last edited:

cupgt

Apr 5, 2011
Upstate SC
Love this build! You need to throw some fj80 axles under it and build them. Easy enough since your going full custom suspension and you have no issue fabricating shit

stu454

Dec 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for cocking up what appears to be a reasonably clean '95 RRC. I love the Char-rie Chan nose.

X2 on doing that to a Jeep instead.

Last edited:

Roving Beetle

Wow. To each their own.

Looks like a Jeep and all show - Ill give you clearance for now.... So long as you build it to "go" as much as the show now. :)

But the hacked nature of several details is too bad. Hopefully it's a work in progress... Clean up the rear wheel cutouts, the interior, and for gawds-sake get a real spare tire - I understand its bead locks but still ?!

Props for doing something different - just please finish it "right". ;)

Last edited:

pdxrovermech

Jul 3, 2009
Portland, OR
I'm in the "to each their own" camp. My toy isnt exactly beautiful to everyone either. I hate the bead locks and the tires are so big they're bound to rub. I'm just jealous someone has that much time on their hands.

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
Post it up PT and I'll take my heart pills before viewing it! Even the RR bobtails in GB are less chopped than this. Yeah to each his own, yet, why take a pretty decent example of a Classic and mangle it? And do you see a diff guard or does this "build" not find it necessary for the planned use. Just my opinion and yes, like assholes I have one. What a waste.

DiscoPhoto

Jul 23, 2012
Vermont
I think it's pretty sweet, I like the work you've done on it. This obviously isn't a purist RRC, why does anyone care if he builds it like this?

LRflip

Oct 8, 2006
none of your fucking business
so, this is what Widener is always complaining about.

I never really understood it until now.

Good work man, don't stop posting here just because these "purists" can't handle something other than Equipe and Old Man Emu.

Keep going, completely "fuck it up". I wish mine were that fucked up....

Although I will say, I'm not a huge fan of what you did with the headlights...

Post it up PT and I'll take my heart pills before viewing it! Even the RR bobtails in GB are less chopped than this. Yeah to each his own, yet, why take a pretty decent example of a Classic and mangle it? And do you see a diff guard or does this "build" not find it necessary for the planned use. Just my opinion and yes, like assholes I have one. What a waste.

I believe there are some pics on here somewhere. I'll see what I can do this evening.

'93 SWB, T-F suspension, Salisbury rear, tubed front end. Gutted interior, Summit/Jeg's seats. It's rough but it don't get stuck.

edit-don't forget the rear wheel wells were "Trimmed" using a plasma cutter~!

Widner's seen it :)

Last edited:

cupgt

Apr 5, 2011
Upstate SC
Jesus...you guys would shit your pants if I had the time and money to "hack" up my disco like I would like. And it would involve a lot more removal of sheet metal and a lot more tubing that this build!

cupgt

Apr 5, 2011
Upstate SC

Not to be a dick but he clearly stated that phase 2 was to build a set of axles and completely redo the suspension with coilovers and 5" springs in the rear. Pretty sure this rig is on 3" springs right now. No point to putting a diff guard on a truck when all that shit will be coming out anyway.