It's Bumper Time!! DII Rear Bumpers

Greg Davis

Apr 20, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I have two units in stock and would like to make some room. $575 shipped anywhere in the continental US. PM me if you live elsewhere and we can work something out.

Time to protect that rearend and quarter panels before your summer wheeling begins.:cool:

Search for "Greg Davis Bumper" for assorted pics and feedback.

Regards,

Greg

Greg Davis

Apr 20, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It's a completely different animal. Because of the chassis design at the rear with the hitch welded in, you can't really get the improvements on a DI like you can a DII.

Greg Davis

Apr 20, 2004
Charlotte, NC
crown14 said:
Can you do one for the D2 where i dont have to cut my truck up?

You would still have to trim behind the bumper corners as the bumper is rectangular tubing. However, I could leave off the sliders. So you don't have. To trim your quarters. If you ever went back to stock the factory bumper would cover up the trimming at the corners.

Just curious - why so hesitant to trim your quarter panels? It really becomes invisible and not noticeable AT ALL once the bumper is installed. Just being curious.

Greg

DiscoPhoto

Jul 23, 2012
Vermont
Crown's truck is super clean, I can see why he wouldn't want to modify it with cutting. However, I still hit myself for not ordering your bumper sooner. It is by far the best mod I've done to my truck, nobody cares if you have traction if you don't have the departure angle to go up/down obstacles. Thanks again Greg!

poser shot
articulation.jpg

Greg Davis

Apr 20, 2004
Charlotte, NC
roverover said:
How much higher is the trailer hitch than stock?

Can you build one that would accomidate a stock hitch? $$?

Integrated hitch is about 7" - 8" higher than stock, which tremendously increases your departure angle.

Unit without hitch saves $75, but is not a stocked item (only sold three like that in over 10 years).

Greg

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
Greg Davis said:
You would still have to trim behind the bumper corners as the bumper is rectangular tubing. However, I could leave off the sliders. So you don't have. To trim your quarters. If you ever went back to stock the factory bumper would cover up the trimming at the corners.

Just curious - why so hesitant to trim your quarter panels? It really becomes invisible and not noticeable AT ALL once the bumper is installed. Just being curious.

Greg

If its coming across like I'm being critical of your design, sorry its not that at all- it's just that I change trucks like chicks change shoes. The prospect of being able to slap one of my stock bumpers back on whatever truck I'm tired of and keeping the awesome Greg bumper appeals to me. The potential damage to the unprotected quarters doesnt really register with me since I have quarterpanels on hand as well...

Edit

yeah I guess what I'm saying is that I would change a quarter that I damaged while wheeling but not one that I had trimmed in order to fit your bumper- sorry my perspectives on things like this probably seem a little twisted

Last edited:

KKilo1323

Aug 27, 2005
Saratoga, NY
DiscoPhoto said:
Crown's truck is super clean, I can see why he wouldn't want to modify it with cutting. However, I still hit myself for not ordering your bumper sooner. It is by far the best mod I've done to my truck, nobody cares if you have traction if you don't have the departure angle to go up/down obstacles. Thanks again Greg!

poser shot
articulation.jpg

What did you use to finish off your rear 1/4 between the bumper and the body (area you cut) ?

Keanan

Apr 15, 2010
Redlands, CA
I went to Vatozone and purchased a set of door bumper strips. They have adhesive on them and they stuck right on there.

DiscoPhoto

Jul 23, 2012
Vermont
KKilo1323 said:
What did you use to finish off your rear 1/4 between the bumper and the body (area you cut) ?

I got really creative and ....... electrical tape haha

Keanan said:
I went to Vatozone and purchased a set of door bumper strips. They have adhesive on them and they stuck right on there.

Have photos? I've been looking for the perfect finisher but have yet to find anything ideal.