Thank's Lincoln Tarantino

manny

Jun 17, 2006
Northern NM
My daughter called me yesterday and said the tire man had damaged a lugnut on her D2 and she was in need of a new lugnut. I've been here in Albuquerque for a few days so I decided to call Lincoln and see if he could help out a Dweb brother. Not only did he have the part we needed but he also delivered it to my front door in a timely manner.

Manny
2k D2

manny

Jun 17, 2006
Northern NM
singingcamel said:
He's sending me waterpump bolts that my son misplaced free of charge..i'm happy.
He didn't charge me for the lug nut and threw in another one just in case, he then drove across town to deliver them at no cost. Just wanted to acknowledge him for going above and beyond the call of duty.

Manny
2k D2:patriot:

Last edited:

singingcamel

NikeCheck246 said:
I have nothing against Lincoln or anyone else, but you do know this thread is about to explode, don't you?
I suppose it will , but he does offer another source for parts / good / bad / or indifferent who knows,
He's taken quite a beating on here but he remains..gotta give him some credit. Hell if it was me I'd tell you all to go to hell and stick it.

bovw

Apr 1, 2006
Orange, VA
Not to be an ass, but if a lug nut is that critical to replace, why not take one from the spare?

bovw

Apr 1, 2006
Orange, VA
stu454 said:
And the spare lug nuts aren't supposed to be used on the road wheels, IIRC.
OP says D2. IIRC a D2 has a matching spare with 3 lug nuts that should work fine.

Jake1996D1

Mar 28, 2011
West Des Moines IA
varova87 said:
Are you on commission?

uhhhhhh what??? I was just saying who cares if a spare lug can work on an aluminum wheel or not... Who knows if this D2 even has aluminum wheels.. The point is guy needed a part and Lincoln was nice enough to deliver it to his door. I know a lot of the vendors go above and beyond especially for people in the dweb community and often it is recognized on forums i.e. Tillery, Randy Williams, Joel Mercer, Paul Grant etc.

I have bought parts from Lincoln all at very good pricing and quick shipping. I do my best to buy from all of the parts guys to support everybody as much as possible and I am happy give credit where credit is due.

KyleT

Mar 28, 2007
Fort Worth, TEXAS
FIVESPDDISCO said:
On the aluminum wheel it is the same lug and all US D2 for the most part came with aluminum wheels

justin, the alloy wheel spare lug nuts are different. they can be used in a pinch. but the wheel nuts CANT be used on the spare holder (well once, then the cap breaks). the spare nuts have a dimple on top, the regular ones are flat.

good to hear a positive customer experience. seems everyone is quick to jump all over someones mistake, then jump all over someone else if they do good....