The Wilds Safari 2012 Registration OPEN

mud ruts

Oct 25, 2007
Columbus,Ohio
Registration has closed for the event.
Anyone still wanting to come and pre-register please call or email me.
Greenovalevents@gmail.com

Thank you

Chris

June 15th-17th
Please follow the link for details and to register for the event.

http://www.greenovalguild.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_attend_events&Itemid=38

I hope the change we are making for this one will make it our best one yet.

This year we have cut the price as much as possible and offer more wheeling!

The price for the event is $95 for truck and driver, any and all passengers are $10
(So truck and family of 4 is $105., truck and 2 people is $105.. get the idea?)

Everything else is À la carte,
Animal tours and any Wilds activities as well as the Saturday night dinner.

The trails will be open to run when and with whoever you want, no guides needed. We will have a curfew of dark this year due to the new camp area. To much traffic in and out disturb the rhino's. The trails will be open no matter what the conditions are this year, we are still building new ones so there should be something for all levels of wheelers.

The camp has been moved to the same area as the Event HQ as requested by many from last year.
This area will be better ground and mowed regularly threw the season. This will also give us access to all of the Wilds activities.

As mentioned there will be a Saturday night dinner, this will be a buffet style and promised to be what the rich folks eat that stay in the yurts. The price will be $20 each, kids may be cheaper but not sure as of yet.

Lucky8 has agreed to come and be our premiere Vendor sponsor. There will also be the Lucky8 winch challenge this year rain or shine.

camping is again primitive with only pora-lets and hand washing stations. i hope to have a large fresh water tank with pump at the camp for washing up.

With the camp moved everything will be at.
14000 International Road
Cumberland, OH 43732

We will be onsite Thursday night for camping.
If you plan to come Thursday night or want to bring a camper please email greenovalevents@gmail.com or call me.

feel free to ask as many questions as you can come up with. This will most likely be the last one of these I get to plan, i will be moving to Texas right after the event. So i hope this is the biggest one yet.

Thank you

Chris

Last edited:

mud ruts

Oct 25, 2007
Columbus,Ohio
Rover_Hokie said:
What size / type of campers are you thinking of? A 23' travel trailer that can setup most anywhere I can find a flat space is what I have.

Sorry I wrote that part wrong, I need to see how many we would have with campers.
Anything over a pop up will not work at the camp area.
Even pop ups may not be allowed.
There is a free aep camp area near by for campers.

mud ruts

Oct 25, 2007
Columbus,Ohio
The event is getting close!
The trails are shaping up to offer something for every skill level.
The vendor list is growing as well as donations for the silent auction that
Will be going on friday and Saturday.
Lucky8 is once again named as our title vendor sponsor for the event.
The lucky8 winch challenge will be held this year rain or shine!

mud ruts

Oct 25, 2007
Columbus,Ohio
ptschram said:
DATE? Your link locks up.

Who the fuck posts up an announcement and doesn't list the date for the love of God?

It's June 15-17th. Stop kidding you aren't coming.
The link works for me but the government is not watching my Internet activity, that may be your problem.:)

Last edited:

roverover

Feb 27, 2005
Lancaster PA
www.UsedLandRoverParts.com
mud ruts said:
The trails will be open to run when and with whoever you want, no guides needed. We will have a curfew of dark this year due to the new camp area. To much traffic in and out disturb the rhino's. The trails will be open no matter what the conditions are this year, we are still building new ones so there should be something for all levels of wheelers.

The camp has been moved to the same area as the Event HQ as requested by many from last year.
This area will be better ground and mowed regularly threw the season. This will also give us access to all of the Wilds activities.

Chris

Not to be a PITA but wouldn't it have been wiser to move registration to the lake?

mud ruts

Oct 25, 2007
Columbus,Ohio
We moved the camp to make it easier for everyone.
They mow this area regularly,it's closer to all of the wilds activities, easier to come and go from, the porta-lets can be delivered and we don't have to haul them ourselves.
The vendors can watch thier stuff easier. I've had so many people ask to move it there it seemed to be a win win.
I think it will be better for all of us.
We are still learning every year how to do better, I think this year is going to be better!

I welcome the input to help mold the event each year.
Suggestions are always welcome, except from " I hate ponies"!

Chris

no694terry

Sep 29, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
I'm interested. trying to get the wife to go along with it, would bring my 2 and 4 year olds. Is this like a Dweb thing or a Land rover thing, sorry just new to these events.

mud ruts

Oct 25, 2007
Columbus,Ohio
no694terry said:
I'm interested. trying to get the wife to go along with it, would bring my 2 and 4 year olds. Is this like a Dweb thing or a Land rover thing, sorry just new to these events.

The event is open to any Land Rover and driver.
There is a lot for the wife to do while your on the trails!

Rover_Hokie

Jun 7, 2008
Roanoke Valley, VA
Check out the gallery on the Green Oval Guild Webpage. Lots of great pics of past events. Like Chris said, for those times you may want to trail ride and the wife and kids do not, there is plenty to do at The Wilds that most guest do when they visit, in addition to the trail riding that only this event provides the opportunity for you to do.

Trying to decide myself if I am going to bring the 3 & 5 yr old grand kids or not. I know they would love it, but will have to see what the daughter-in-law has to say about that weekend. Show the gallery pics to the kids of the animals, and let them convince mommy to come :patriot: