Where to buy the red clip that hold the brake hose to intake manifold?

scubaman

Dec 1, 2007
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hi,

Can somebody tell me where can I find the red clip that hold the brake hose to the intake manifold? I tried Atlantic British and British Pacific already.

Y2K DII

IMG171.jpg

Bosbefok

Jul 20, 2010
Orlando, FL
You are looking for part # LZN100220L.
You have to replace the whole insert, not just the red part.
Try PT.

Btw use a bolt, nut, some washers and a socket to extract the old one. Use some socket extensions on a socket to insert the bolt through the throttle body end into the plastic insert, put the other socket over the bolt followed by the washers and the nut. Fasten the nut until the insert pops out. The socket on the outside must be large enough to take the plastic insert. Alternatively whack it out with a hammer and a suitable rod or extension.

jafir

May 4, 2011
Northwest Arkansas
That's funny. I didn't even know that part was there. Both of my D2 had silicone holding that line in when I got them. I thought it came that way.

mlnnc

Mar 23, 2008
Charlotte
I adapted a vinyl grommet from Radio Shack to do the job by trimming it down to its core on one side and that has worked well for over a year and a half now. I've since found a rubber bushing that would give more reach into the plenum. You could probably also just run a bead of silicone around the pipe to seal it. Remember that it needs only to hold vacuum; it's not at risk of being blown out under pressure. And even more recently I found a red collar on a parts truck at a salvage yard but haven't even bothered installing it yet.

One question though; if you did want to buy the whole insert to get the red collar why would you need to remove the existing insert? You could use the new red collar and leave the remaining portion of the insert in place (so long as it is not damaged).

mlnnc said:
I adapted a vinyl grommet from Radio Shack to do the job by trimming it down to its core on one side and that has worked well for over a year and a half now. I've since found a rubber bushing that would give more reach into the plenum. You could probably also just run a bead of silicone around the pipe to seal it. Remember that it needs only to hold vacuum; it's not at risk of being blown out under pressure. And even more recently I found a red collar on a parts truck at a salvage yard but haven't even bothered installing it yet.

One question though; if you did want to buy the whole insert to get the red collar why would you need to remove the existing insert? You could use the new red collar and leave the remaining portion of the insert in place (so long as it is not damaged).

And Chapman says I'M a hack?:rofl: