Adjustable Panhard Rods

teledan

May 7, 2010
Utah
Hey guys, you have probably see my post in the Tech section but I thought I would post here as well. If you haven't seen my original post in the Tech section, you can check it out here:

http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72786&referrerid=16500

Anyway, I have parts to make 4 more adjustable panhard rods so if you are interested heres how it works. You send me your stock rod along with $110 (paypal to dlduncan@gmail.com) and I cut it and weld a tube adapter with a 3/4" Midwest Control heim joint to the end, press in a new bushing at the other end and throw a couple coats of POR-15 on it and send it back to you. If you aren't able to pull your stock rod off first let me know, I have a couple of extra rods for core exchange. I only have two though so if you can send me your stock one first that would help some.

You can ship to:
Dan Duncan
625 South State Street
Orem, UT 84058

Let me know if you are interested. Again, I only have parts for four more so first come first serve.

Last edited:

Bannon88

Nov 3, 2004
Columbia, IL
This a a quality job...I have one and am very impressed. No more vibes, and rod is adjusted to correct length. The POR finish is done very well.

teledan

May 7, 2010
Utah
Thanks Brett. Oh and I should mention that these are for D90/D1 and I think RRC, maybe someone can confirm that for me though.

teledan

May 7, 2010
Utah
Ok, I have one of these all painted up and ready to go! Here are some pics:

P1030944.jpg

P1030943.jpg

P1030935.jpg

P1030934.jpg

P1030933.jpg

Last edited:

teledan

May 7, 2010
Utah
Ok, I've got three more of these left. I definitely would not sell these for this cheap if I were to offer these up again, this is a screaming deal!! Oh yeah, and I would POSSIBLY consider trades for other LR stuff, let me know what you got!

Last edited:

d1driver

Oct 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Help me out in understanding how these can help someone like me with a 2" OME HD lift? I have death wobble that I cannot pinpoint. Think this can help me? Everything has been replaced on this sucker, and the preload is correct.

teledan

May 7, 2010
Utah
Well, I can't say for sure but with my dads D90 with an OME lift he had the death wobble. We tried replacing the panhard bushings (among other things) but we still had wobble. We then put an adjustable panhard on extended just a bit and no more wobbles! I am pretty sure that every truck is very different though. With the few stock panhards people have sent me there has been some differences in length. Also, my D1 with OME springs did not need an adjustable rod. So basically I don't think I have a definite answer for you :) But since I am the one trying to sell these I would say go for it, especially if you are thinking about going with a bigger lift anytime in the future.

rsracing1

Sep 18, 2007
N/A
Will these work for a D2? Mine is an 04 and has the same wobble with OME 2" lift.. If not are you able to make one for a D2

Thx

Gordon

teledan

May 7, 2010
Utah
Yeah, the D2 rods are different. I am not able to make one for a D2 right now, possibly in the future if I can get my hands on a D2 rod to figure out exactly how to do it.

teledan

May 7, 2010
Utah
Sam,
I'll have to think about that, I've been pretty busy lately. I guess the D2 rods from 99-02 are different from the 03-04 rods, at least thats what I have heard. Does anybody know the bolt size on the D2s? And the width of the bushings?