Weber Grill Review Homedepot.com

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Looking for a new grill and just saw this. Classic...

weber genesis E 320 grill, September 18, 2010
By ROB70
from MOUNT PLEASANT P.A.

"I ORDERED THIS GRILL ON LINE . THE PROCESS WORKED WELL . I RECEIVED THE PRODUCT IN 5 DAYS ! AFTER 2 HOURS AND 15 MINUTES WE WERE GRILLING STEAKS. MY WIFE AND I WORKED TOGETHER THRU THE CONSTRUCTION OF GRILL . NOTE; DO THIS BY YOURSELF !!!!! HAVE YOUR WIFE DO THE COOKING . ONLY PROBLEM WE HAD WAS ALL OF THE NECESSARY NUTS AND BOLTS WERE NOT IN THE BOX. HAD TO IMPROVISE. THIS GRILL IS A KEEPER WOW !!!! LOVE IT"

JustAddMtns

Jun 22, 2007
NC
I'm totally a Weber (charcoal) guy. That being said, I'm pissed.

Like most things, they used to be so much better. My dream grill, the Performer, used to have wooden handles and stainless top. It had real nice components and just felt like Weber even with its fancy features. I didn't even care that the handle would split eventually.

Now, it's got plastic handles, plastic top and shitty wheels. I'm sticking with my 22" regular Weber.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
JustAddMtns said:
I'm totally a Weber (charcoal) guy. That being said, I'm pissed.

Like most things, they used to be so much better. My dream grill, the Performer, used to have wooden handles and stainless top. It had real nice components and just felt like Weber even with its fancy features. I didn't even care that the handle would split eventually.

Now, it's got plastic handles, plastic top and shitty wheels. I'm sticking with my 22" regular Weber.

Even if the quality has diminished a bit Weber still makes the best longest lasting grill out there without going commercial. Thinking about this Genesis e-320. Anyone have it?

btp98w

Jun 3, 2005
Loo-es-ville, KY/Sheboygan, WI
ArmyRover said:
:rofl:

I have a Kingsford charcoal grill and love it.

Why buy a propane grill though seriously? Might as well cook your meat in the broiler on the stove.

LOL!

I've had the same Weber charcoal grill for nearly 20 years and I love it(I also have a gas grill that I haven't used in years). Although I'm not a big fan of "regular" charcoal like Kingsford etc., so I always pick up a couple of bags of Cedar Grove hardwood charcoal every time I'm back in Sheboygan. Just seems to cook better and faster. Just my personal preference.

JustAddMtns

Jun 22, 2007
NC
I actually switched to real hardwood charcoal a year ago and that's it for me. I'll never use anything else. I agree that Webers are great, I'm just saying, I like the components of the recent past.

pdxrovermech

Jul 3, 2009
Portland, OR
i grill so much in the spring and summer that the charcoal is just too much of a hassle. I bought a charbroil red version last summer and converted t to natural gas, since my patio was already plumbed for it. theres a tray on the bottom that allows me to put wood chips down there for extra flavor as well. I agree nothing beets a goo steak or burger made over charcoal, but when you grill at least every other night it's just not practical.

adriatic04

Mar 22, 2007
cleveland, oh
DiscoS2 said:
Don't cook with a bastard fuel like charcoal! Taste the meat, not the heat, with clean-burning propane! I recommend the Vogner Char-King Imperiale.

its a common thought that you are tasting it. However the flavor is coming from the fat dripping off and sizzling on the hot coal. if you place the coal appropriately you won't have this issue, that is, if you don't like the smoke taste that some claim.

btp98w

Jun 3, 2005
Loo-es-ville, KY/Sheboygan, WI
adriatic04 said:
its a common thought that you are tasting it. However the flavor is coming from the fat dripping off and sizzling on the hot coal. if you place the coal appropriately you won't have this issue, that is, if you don't like the smoke taste that some claim.

Some of that bad taste may also come from using lighter fluids to light the coal.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
pdxrovermech said:
i grill so much in the spring and summer that the charcoal is just too much of a hassle. I bought a charbroil red version last summer and converted t to natural gas, since my patio was already plumbed for it. theres a tray on the bottom that allows me to put wood chips down there for extra flavor as well. I agree nothing beets a goo steak or burger made over charcoal, but when you grill at least every other night it's just not practical.

Precisely.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
pdxrovermech said:

I converted to propane from charcoal becuase of this reason. Although, the 45+ minutes it took for the charcoal to burn down was great beer drinking time.

bmohan55

Apr 7, 2008
Chester, VA
Replaced my old Webber last summer after 20 some years. I actually like the new plastic handles as the wood ones fell apart after a decade or so.

Takes at least two beers for the coals to get "just right", screw propane, it has no soul.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
bmohan55 said:
Replaced my old Webber last summer after 20 some years. I actually like the new plastic handles as the wood ones fell apart after a decade or so.

Takes at least two beers for the coals to get "just right", screw propane, it has no soul.

The Smokey Joe is a must for every household. We have one and a "Q" tailgating, camping propane grill. We've used the q for the past 7 years on average of once a week and it still cooks like it's brand new. Deciding to spend extra money on a brand can be hard but deciding to spend extra money on quality is a no-brainer.

jhmover

Apr 23, 2004
California
I have an older Weber it's like 6-7 years old. Still works fine. We never cook meat in the oven unless it's monsooning outside or I run out of propane. So basically it gets used most days of the week. Same with us, the charcoal was to much hassle for everyday use.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
That's a funny review.

I've got a Genesis. Looks like they've moved the controls for this year's line, and swapped the side burner to the other wing.

This is the one I've got:

http://www.appliancist.com/weber-genesis-grills.jpg

Mine has the cast-iron grates.

The Genesis can't be beat. You cannot go out and buy a better gas grill. I don't care how much cash you have in your pants. It can't be done. *

My Genesis will hit 700 so fast your head will spin. I can be ready to cook a few burgers faster than I can toast a fucking pop-tart. Owning a Genesis means that you will step outside to cook things that you would have previously caused a trip to the microwave. I'll step out to cook breakfast fairly often.

Every little piece of this grill has been carefully refined. It's just obscene. It fires up instantly every time. You know how much propane you have left. There is very little to clean. That bullshit stainless crap is only used where it might be of benefit. Don't be fooled by "stainless" grills. They are stainless where it doesn't matter, and rusty where it does.

The design of Weber heat chambers allows more efficient operation, as well. You don't need a kajillion BTUs to out-heat the competition.

As for charcoal...

If I want to go cook on something manly, I'll grab an axe, split some logs, and walk over to my fire pit. Fat lot of good a grill does me if I've got to dick around forever getting it just right. If I'm going to do that, I'm going to cook over a real fire.

Cheers,

Kennith

*That's excluding Weber's own Summit line, whose star model is primarily aimed at built-in application. The other Summits flow more BTUs, but that isn't important. If you wonder whether or not you need X number of BTUs, you don't need the Summit.

c0smo kram3r

Feb 17, 2009
Alabama
brian4d said:
Even if the quality has diminished a bit Weber still makes the best longest lasting grill out there without going commercial. Thinking about this Genesis e-320. Anyone have it?
Green Eggs anybody?