OEM Michelin XPC Replacement

morrell

Jul 7, 2005
I may need to replace the OEM Michelin 235 70 R16 105H tires for my '98 Disco I, but looks like these are discontinued. Does anybody have any recommendations for suitable replacements that have the appropriate load and speed rating of 105H? I can't seem to find the 105H combination.

I have done a disco web search and can't seem to find a thread, but please point me to any existing thread that might be out there that discusses this.

Thanks is advance.

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
morrell said:
I may need to replace the OEM Michelin 235 70 R16 105H tires for my '98 Disco I, but looks like these are discontinued. Does anybody have any recommendations for suitable replacements that have the appropriate load and speed rating of 105H? I can't seem to find the 105H combination.

I have done a disco web search and can't seem to find a thread, but please point me to any existing thread that might be out there that discusses this.

Thanks is advance.

255/65R16 is almost exactly the same size and is easier to find speed rated.

Rover1

May 26, 2004
Denver, CO
I was able to locate my Michelin XPC tires at Costco. This was about two years ago, but might be worth looking.
Hope this helps

macklow

May 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
didn't michelin stop making the xpc back in 2004 or so? aren't the ones for sale now "new old stock" and are 5+ years old already?

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Yup, they are no longer made. Which I'm bummed about, those were great tires. I used the Cooper Discoverer ATR for a while, I was very happy with them. They come in 106T which is a slightly higher rating than 105H. Similar to the XPC in that it is not an aggressive all terrain tread but gives good traction on loose surfaces and excels in the snow.