1961 International BC176 all wheel drive beast. Flawless.

Roving Beetle

Thinking of selling my 61 International AWD 18K GVW beast. Only 8K, yes 8000 or so --->original<--- miles. Has been in shows, parades and used at my boatyard. SUPER truck!

Not sure if there would be any interest on this board... but it is a great old truck and very unique. 345 V8 with newer model four barrel intake, Rockwell axles, 7.17 gears, heavy divorced transfer and 5 speed non-OD transmission. Tons of power and goes very very well. 6 Brand new radial 8.25-20 Michelin snow/mud traction tires and a TOTAL frame off restoration. Truck was 100% solid before resto, no body work needed at all. Just cleaning, detailing, full new wire harness/modern fuse block rewire and painting/sealing things up. Electronic Pertronix & MSD ignition, edlebrock carb, full interior heavy sound deadening and thick carpet, headliner, sunroof, new gauges, tilt wheel and POWER steering. Also has power windows and a custom made opening/sliding rear cab window. Dual battery set-up with charger in the under-body mounted storage boxes and set up for 110V in the cab for tools/battery chargers etc.

Custom shortened frame (wheelbase is the same as a full size 3/4 ton long bed pickup - 130 inches or so if i recall??) and 9 foot long fully custom made and prof. powder-coated flatbed with dump option. This is a serious truck and VERY rare. One of only a small handful of the 4 headlight models, not to mention the all wheel drive.

Appraised at a crazy price by two places.... I've seen what less complete and rare trucks go for and it seems $22K is a decent price. I have a TON $$ in the truck.... hell price the tires alone - you'll be shocked! Obviously I am open to reasonable offers but the appraised value is much more.

It would be a long ride at 55-60 MPH but the truck would drive 'cross country if you wanted to. At 8-9 MPG you may want to have it hauled. LOL.

Doug

Roving Beetle

Oh - and I'd happily trade it for a nice very solid D-90 SW.

Or trade *plus cash from you* for a very nice clean solid RRC SWB or maybe a D1 - offroad goodies a nice thing, but nothing beat up.

Also consider a trade *plus some cash from you* for a "smaller" moderate size 4wd tractor with bucket and backhoe.

:)

I simply don't need this truck at my shop any longer as my boatyard has turned a different direction so it's not getting enough use to justify it here. I built the IH with plans to never sell it..... but life changes I guess.

Doug

Roving Beetle

Here's a shot I had up already.... kind of hidden behind the TDI D2 though.

This was with the truck in shop-plow mode and the big front brush guard off.

P1020772.jpg

Hmmmm, it won't let me upload the pic directly.... says I've reached my max of 20 uploads?? What?? Anyway.

Maybe if i make another donation it will like me better? LOL.

Roving Beetle

Truck in "before" restoration condition.

I had sanded the body down and the primer was simply sprayed over any spots that started to sand through on the paint right as I sanded so there was no way for any rust to start at all. The trucks metal never stayed exposed for more than a day even inside my heated dry shop.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/desertboatco/P1000475.jpg

MUSKYMAN

Apr 19, 2004
OverBarrington IL
you had me right up to the blue valor interior?

also the blue engine just dosent sit right for the IH guy in me.

but the restoration looks great like all your work...great truck!!

Roving Beetle

Thom - the blue seat was only in there for a place to sit while I wired things. It has the original bench back in it. :)

As for the blue engine.... I went back and forth on it, but i wanted to add a splash of color to it and with the cream color valve covers and red painted lettering on them.... It's not stock for sure but it looks pretty!

As for the question on the front bumper on the TDI D2 - that was 100% my own making.

Doug

PS: Someone buy this thing so i can play with something else!! LOL.