Awesome new Tires for my Range Rover, I'll bet no one else has these:)

LROffroad

Jun 3, 2009
Charlotte, NC
www.LROffroad.com
So I got new tires for my Range Rover and Land Rover Discovery 2! THEY ARE AWESOME, and I'll bet noone else in the forum has them:D I got SS M-16's by Interco, and I'll attach a few pics for your viewing pleasure! These Tires are awesome!

Attachments

• DSC00638_2.jpg
    DSC00638_2.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 412
  • DSC00632_2.jpg
    DSC00632_2.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 464

whatroad

Banned
Mar 8, 2007
Union, ME
Nice All terrains! You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. If you're going to get tires by Interco, at least get an SSR, sheesh.

HOWEVER, I DO like your P38, that is the shite right there!

LROffroad

Jun 3, 2009
Charlotte, NC
www.LROffroad.com
stolenheron said:
damn youre truck is looking good bro! you don't have sliders on her yet do you?

Not yet..... But hopefully soon, I was supposed to have the skid plate on there but RoverTym didn't have it done in time, but I'll get it on there soon, I just need to plan another trip up there and get that taken care of:)

LROffroad

Jun 3, 2009
Charlotte, NC
www.LROffroad.com
whatroad said:
Nice All terrains! You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. If you're going to get tires by Interco, at least get an SSR, sheesh.

HOWEVER, I DO like your P38, that is the shite right there!

All Terrains? More like the perfect mixture of Bogger's and Swamper's which can cruise down the road with ease:D

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
No offense, I love to see someone trying new tires and all BUT there is really nothing "swamper" about those tires, the look like that crappy Truxus STS tire they carry for the mall crawler crowd. I bet they are loud as hell once they start wearing too.

LROffroad

Jun 3, 2009
Charlotte, NC
www.LROffroad.com
the tread in the center is similar to the swamper, and right now they are silent as can be, I think interco built this tire to be an aggrexxive off road tire, but still good on road too..... Definately not a Mall crowd tire...... They do ahve bullets on the side walls, I never noticed that

stolenheron

May 1, 2008
Hattiesburg, MS
i'm interested to see how the truck handles on road during a heavy rain. one of my mud loving buddies back home has terrible traction on the street with his boggers or swampers (i dont know what they are) and says they are like drag slicks during those situations

LROffroad

Jun 3, 2009
Charlotte, NC
www.LROffroad.com
stolenheron said:
doesnt interco make tires with skull and crossbones in the sidewall as well?

I'm not sure, I drove them last night in heavy rain and they were fine, I took some turns pretty fast and was fine, then I went into a parking lot and really pushed um, it wasn't until I really threw the car into a turn that I slid, other than that they were fine, just as good as my old TerraGrappler's in the rain

flyfisher11

May 25, 2005
Wolf Laurel NC
stolenheron said:
i'm interested to see how the truck handles on road during a heavy rain. one of my mud loving buddies back home has terrible traction on the street with his boggers or swampers (i dont know what they are) and says they are like drag slicks during those situations

I've run several sets of Swampers as well as others and can say that even with the aggressive LTBs on my truck now I have no problems in the rain etc.. A sports car no, but knowing your trucks limitations in all conditions is key. Sure there is some trade off for off-road traction, but that's one I'll take. My truck is NOT a daily driver though.

Slappy

Jun 17, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
flyfisher11 said:
I've run several sets of Swampers as well as others and can say that even with the aggressive LTBs on my truck now I have no problems in the rain etc.. A sports car no, but knowing your trucks limitations in all conditions is key. Sure there is some trade off for off-road traction, but that's one I'll take. My truck is NOT a daily driver though.
Mike, post some pics with the LTBs. I almost got those, but went with the 255/85 KM2s. I found them for 156 a tire. I figured they would last longer as mine is a DD.
Sorry for the hi-jack.

JustAddMtns

Jun 22, 2007
NC
LROffroad said:
You can see the tread better in this pic, and a bit of the sidewall:ack:

It is probably a good idea to get that skid plate you ordered....that radiator hangs way down below the bumper huh?

LROffroad

Jun 3, 2009
Charlotte, NC
www.LROffroad.com
FIVESPDDISCO said:
What springs are you running on the p38?

The springs are from Strutmasters, it's their conversion kit with 2" spacer all from them and it was only about $600, and it rides great and articulates very well.... I have new shocks on the way so I can really know how well they articulate, but I think I need new brake lines before I can really get it to flex out all the way

LROffroad

Jun 3, 2009
Charlotte, NC
www.LROffroad.com
JustAddMtns said:
It is probably a good idea to get that skid plate you ordered....that radiator hangs way down below the bumper huh?

You should have seen how bad the radiator looked before I painted it black. The radiator is a huge concern of mine, especially when I'm in the woods. RoverTym is building one for me, they have to do it a little different from their typical skidplate, but they started it already and mounted brackets on my Range for it, I'll post pics when I get it on there! Good observation

..... I really need to learn how to multi-quote people so I don't do a million posts:banghead: