Is this really a Kalahari?

specops1526

Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Has the wheels, hood blackout, and SV badge on the rear door. The interior looks different too. I just thought they only came in white and yellow.

WillTN

Oct 14, 2004
Franklin, TN
www.tnrovers.com
I've never heard of or seen a gray one before, I'm pretty sure a LR dealership told me they were all yellow and white...
Also it's missing the SG rock sliders that came on them, although it appears to have everything else (hood blackout, saudi grill and bumper, brush guard, the two LR lights, rear light guards and ladder, the rims, correct year and it is a SE, the "land rover special vehicles" sticker, even the seats which makes me think maybe it is real)...

Did all the Kalahari's have the little badge on the C pillars?

agbuckle98

Mar 10, 2006
reaql Kalahari DII's are yellow or white, there are no other factory Kalahari DII's. This one has been assembled from a wrecked Kalahari. Chances are the donor was t-boned, the sliders damaged, the seats and wheels swapped, the rest can be bought. Even the LRSV badge on the core support can be swapped over.

J. Toronado

Feb 15, 2008
Warsaw, VA
its being advertised as "only hundreds made!". if its not a real one someone should shut that fucker up. which one of you philly tough guys wants to go straighten this guy out?

J. Toronado said:
its being advertised as "only hundreds made!". if its not a real one someone should shut that fucker up. which one of you philly tough guys wants to go straighten this guy out?

I asked him to show a pic of the SVO abdge, if it don't gots one, it ain't a real one. So far, no response to my request.

Maybe, if we're lucky, Tony Simoneau will buy it!

Silver

Oct 4, 2004
South Carolina
It seems to be a real one. From what I remember they made a few Bonatti Grey ones and even some (like 5 maybe?) in Tangiers Orange.

DOHC Holliday

Jul 20, 2006
Western CT
Silver said:
It seems to be a real one. From what I remember they made a few Bonatti Grey ones and even some (like 5 maybe?) in Tangiers Orange.

There is a tangiers '99-'02 here and I can't figure out what it is. It's factory from what I can tell, but I haven't talked to the chick who drives it.

WillTN

Oct 14, 2004
Franklin, TN
www.tnrovers.com
DOHC Holliday said:
There is a tangiers '99-'02 here and I can't figure out what it is. It's factory from what I can tell, but I haven't talked to the chick who drives it.

It is probably a Trek.. (If it's the same color as the truck in the picture from the photo gallery.)

They had hood blackouts, SG sliders, saudi grill and bumper, light guards, and so on kind of like the Kalahari trucks.. They also had SD low racks on them...

Attachments

• Load%2010.jpg
    Load%2010.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 52