94 rrc lwb zero electric power

1MITCH1

Jan 24, 2007
Daphne,AL
The price is right on the truck. $600, it's worth more than that in parts. The owner says that the truck ran well before this happened; Vehicle was started, roll down windows get ready to drive away. Turn on headlights and then nothing, engine dies, absolutely zero power. Battery is good engine will spin over with remote stater do-hickey. So my question is ; is there a main fuse or fusible link that would cause 100% loss of electricity and if so where is it?

landrovered

Nov 28, 2006
The fusible links are at the beginning of the wiring harness underneath the overflow tank and yes they could have arced and melted which could cause this. I replaced all of my links, it cost me about six bucks and two hours to do.

az_max said:
The parts are, but not your time and labor to pull it all apart.

And a place to do it and a place to store those parts and the time to talk to folks who want to pay you $2.00 for a part that took half an hour to get to, the cost of the divorce from having Rovers all over the lawn, city,county, state, country...............................

After the success of the Will Tillery multi-level marketing scheme, I've decided to follow the Creed Evans business model, sell a pile of parts and franchise Rover shops-yeah right, like that will work any better!

1MITCH1

Jan 24, 2007
Daphne,AL
1MITCH1 said:
The price is right on the truck. $600, it's worth more than that in parts.

Maybe that's a little misleading. The truck is intact, though not the prettiest one I've seen. I plan to get it running and use it as a trail rig, though it may ultimately become a donor vehicle once I find a nicer truck to be a DD.

1MITCH1

Jan 24, 2007
Daphne,AL
Update
its a 93 not a 94

Battery in. Ignition switch connector was a little burned. It is now making contact and most things electrical now have power. But, still no response from the starter. Where is the relay? I downloaded rave but it does not cover 93 only 95.

1MITCH1

Jan 24, 2007
Daphne,AL
The beast is alive. After getting power thru the switch, I found that the small wire to the starter solenoid was attatched to the wrong post. She now runs great! Time to turn her into a trail rig. Now the fun begins!

B

Bamarover

have any photos ? $600 is a great buy, congrats on trouble shooting it so quickly , take a victory lap on the previous owner's street a few times..

1MITCH1

Jan 24, 2007
Daphne,AL
Yea I thought about that but I didn't want to rub it in. The $600 is what he had just spent on tires ( which ARE NOT off road tires I sunk it bad on Sat and struggled to get it out) got to sell them and get some M/T's and springs/shocks. Don't have any photos yet, the exterior is in pretty good shape but the interior is ROUGH. I've thought about stripping the interior and rhino-lining it.

p.s. Bamarover where are you located I'm in Daphne/Mobile.

B

Bamarover

im in bham, what size mudders you want -I'll keep my eye open at the used tire stores while im looking for a cheap tire for my other car. I have near new 245/75/16 MTs on hurricane wheels I will be selling in the coming months with same size spare, not sure on price yet but anyway maybe more than you want to spend on your beater.. for panting - rustoleum matt black bbq grill spray is good for beater painting, painted most of my interior with it on my last rrc..

1MITCH1

Jan 24, 2007
Daphne,AL
I'm thinking 23585r16. The current tires are 25570r16 too short and too wide , the fronts rub on turns. I work at the dealership and I get an awesome deal on tires, just trying to decide on brand I've narrowed it down I think to

Firestone Destination M/T
GY Wrangler MTR's
Dunlop radial rover R/T's or Mudrovers