Need help! RRC or D90. Can't decide.

RETROV

Okay, so I have an 89 RRC with all the trimmings and 155k on the clock. ARB, X9, 4" lift, and I've been through everything mechanically except the tranny and BW unit. The bads on the RRC are the rust. The issue is that I just picked up a 94 D90 POE with 120k on the clock. I really don't need both, but the RRC is so hard to consider parting with. The D90 doesn't have nearly the accessories the RRC does which makes it even harder since I do off-road it. The bad on the D90 is a little bit of a grinding from 1 to 2. The syncro is obviously going. How much would I be looking at to fix this? Having not had a D90, how hard is it to locate parts. This is like a LR soap opera and I am torn between to women. Help with advice! Gracias dudes.

Trigger

Apr 24, 2006
nosivad_bor said:
d90 = uncomfortable posuermobile.

rrc = confident enough with ones ego.

So what's it mean if I own both?

In my case the 90 is the offroader and the RRC is my around town 'poseurmobile'.

slangel

Oct 5, 2006
VA
Trigger said:
So what's it mean if I own both?

In my case the 90 is the offroader and the RRC is my around town 'poseurmobile'.

Hi- Jack - Tony loving the rangie you got! I will be down soon and I am soo going to drool on it! :D

Trigger

Apr 24, 2006
slangel said:
Hi- Jack - Tony loving the rangie you got! I will be down soon and I am soo going to drool on it! :D

Let us know when you're around. We'll hit the lake for the day.

slangel

Oct 5, 2006
VA
Trigger said:
Let us know when you're around. We'll hit the lake for the day.

I will - waiting for you know who to have an uncrowded house! The lake would be awesome again!

Ron

Jun 15, 2004
Main Line
"The issue is that I just picked up a 94 D90 POE with 120k on the clock"

You suck for buying that for 12k.

The roof rack on that thing is worth more than your range rover.

smurfu

Jul 16, 2008
Retrov,

Let me know if you want to sell the d90. I am interested. In the market for one. You can make some easy money on me.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
nosivad_bor said:
d90 = uncomfortable posuermobile.

rrc = confident enough with ones ego.

sell the 90, buy a clean classic and transfer the parts.

sounds like someone has D90 envy....

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
nosivad_bor said:
No, someone has RRC envy. Every time I ride in D90 I remember what a rip off they are.

Yeah, you seem like the quintessential RRC guy. I think your Disco's have all been wasted on you...why do you keep buying them?

mgreenspan

Feb 28, 2005
Briggs's Back Yard
RETROV said:
Yeah, no payments. I hate loans. I'm still trying to decide on this one.

no payments... it makes sense to keep them. when I bought a second vehicle, my insurance only went up 2 bucks a month(granted 2nd vehicle was not a D90 and was twice as old). no payments and hardly an increase in insurance it doesnt make sense to sell one if you want or like them both as long as you have the room to keep them.

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
I have both a disco2 and a D90... I've had the D2 first so it has a ton of money in mods into it, plus a lot more body damage... I've decided to keep the d2 as my primary wheeler and the d90 for nice days & mild wheeling... I also prefer Auto to 5spd offroad...

RETROV

smurfu said:
Retrov,

Let me know if you want to sell the d90. I am interested. In the market for one. You can make some easy money on me.

I'll keep you posted. I'm going to do some clean up this weekend when I have time and see what I think (read: see what the wife thinks). As of now, no decision either way has been made. I need to drive it a little and see if it fits me.