Got Shower?

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
so i posted a teaser thread up on the EXPO forum about my shower, but then i started doing guilt that i was leaving my Discoweb brethren out of the love fest, so here you go...

i built an on-board shower system for my disco with a home-made heat exchanger and the total cost was about $200-ish. i am currently writing a tech article on how to make one of these setups (currently as in now, i'm posting this cause i needed a break...LOL). the tech will include, how to build the heat exchanger, wiring and pump location.

this is officially my favorite mod yet... :D

enjoy

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 316
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 301
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 317
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 229

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
What a pussy! Who needs a hot shower? Be a man, and just go around stinkin' up the place!

Just kidding.:D This is way slick. Can't wait to read the write up!:applause:

DJG

Nov 16, 2005
New England
marc olivares said:
so i posted a teaser thread up on the EXPO forum about my shower, but then i started doing guilt that i was leaving my Discoweb brethren out of the love fest, so here you go...

i built an on-board shower system for my disco with a home-made heat exchanger and the total cost was about $200-ish. i am currently writing a tech article on how to make one of these setups (currently as in now, i'm posting this cause i needed a break...LOL). the tech will include, how to build the heat exchanger, wiring and pump location.

this is officially my favorite mod yet... :D

enjoy

My disco has the same type system. It was installed when I bought it, pretty cool system. I don't recall the brand off the top of my head..... I could check later and take a pic if you're interested. It has a "pick up" with a quick disconnect built into the bumper that will allow you to bring in water from a river or stream or just a bucket of water. Pretty cool. Came with a large stainless steel shower head. Only used it once, and it worked great. Good luck with yours.

Dave

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
where i'm at right now, duh...
I am so dissapointed in Marc....

why is the last pic of a DUDE and not of a HOT CHICK!?:rolleyes:

pretty slick idea! I would just be worried about using my water supply when I'm not sure if I'll be needing it for more important things the next day or days after.

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
SGaynor said:
What a pussy! Who needs a hot shower? Be a man, and just go around stinkin' up the place!

come hang out with me for a week in the desert...lol
a hot shower is the best way to get the slot canyon scum out of your slot canyon...:D

DJG, your post is a bit confusing, my shower is done and is very similar to how you describe yours, it is also built into the bumper ;)

DJG

Nov 16, 2005
New England
marc olivares said:
come hang out with me for a week in the desert...lol
a hot shower is the best way to get the slot canyon scum out of your slot canyon...:D

DJG, your post is a bit confusing, my shower is done and is very similar to how you describe yours, it is also built into the bumper ;)

Yeah, it looks a lot like mine but the heat exchange is orange in color..... I'll go take a pic and post shortly. :)

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
DiscoveryXD said:
why is the last pic of a DUDE and not of a HOT CHICK!?:rolleyes:
that's funny, i thought it's be right up your alley...hot steamy men, oh shit i forgot, he isn't wearing a Lycra unitard, that must be why you got confused...:rofl:

it's hard to find "hot chicks in bikinis" roaming through the desert... maybe i need a new hobby :confused:

DJG

Nov 16, 2005
New England
Here it is.... it's getting dark here so hopefully it's clear enough. Similar setup, just a bit older!

Attachments

• Shower System 004.jpg
    Shower System 004.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Shower System 003.jpg
    Shower System 003.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Shower System 002.jpg
    Shower System 002.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 172
  • Shower System 001.jpg
    Shower System 001.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 213

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
Damn! Looks like a classic case of someone stealing Marc's idea before he even had it! (I've been in the same situation before:banghead:)

Either way, kudos to Marc and whoever did DJG's setup. It's slick and takes a hell of a lot of creativity and engineering.

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
DJG's setup is a R&M manufacturing on-board shower sold by Deckers.
the main difference between theirs and mine, is that mine is a double wrapped coil similar to the units that Helton sells.
this isnt my "idea", i just refined it for a Rover :D

Last edited:

DJG

Nov 16, 2005
New England
marc olivares said:
DJG's setup is a R&M manufacturing on-board shower sold by Deckers.com.
the main difference between theirs and mine, is that mine is a double wrapped coil similar to the units that Helton sells.
this isnt my "idea", i just refined it for a Rover :D

Thanks! I was always curious..... not that curious (could have called the number on the exchange). Good work on yours, at least it's your own work!

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
where i'm at right now, duh...
marc olivares said:
that's funny, i thought it's be right up your alley...hot steamy men, oh shit i forgot, he isn't wearing a Lycra unitard, that must be why you got confused...:rofl:

it's hard to find "hot chicks in bikinis" roaming through the desert... maybe i need a new hobby :confused:

:drool:

Attachments

• hhdhdh.JPG
    hhdhdh.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 190

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
nosivad_bor said:
let me tell you that shower was hot! but i think the key was the peppermint soap. my ass tingled until the tequila took over.

So, what your saying is....Tequila makes your ass open up????

:rofl: