Not another 3 Amigos Question!!!!

Agent

Jun 20, 2007
WV
Sorry to have to even bring this up yet again, but...

My 00' DII developed the 3 Amigos during an extended downtime. I'm hoping that the issue might be a corroded wheel sense or ground since it was parked for several months and exposed to the weather. My question is that if it is a wheel sensor or ground, will function of the ABS/TC/HDC return after cleaning of said parts or will it take a trip to the stealership to get the codes cleared before function comes back? (if I'm lucky enough that its not the modulator)

jhk07

Jul 26, 2006
Seymour Indiana
My amigos are intermittent..... sometimes on/ sometimes off
I am assuming if YOU can get the lights off(no fuse pulling) you are good to go... I am no expert..... I would see no reason to take it to dealer....

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Do you have rusty rotors?

If they are on all of the time go to the dealer. If they are intermittant you still have hope.

scottagnew101

Apr 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Just get the codes read. If its the shuttle valve code just replace it yourself and be done with it. I replaced my shuttle valve and have been three amigos free for over a year! Just a simple $60 part at land rover and 30 minutes of your time

Scott

Agent

Jun 20, 2007
WV
I HATE PONIES said:
Do you have rusty rotors?

If they are on all of the time go to the dealer. If they are intermittant you still have hope.

Yea, rotors are a bit rusty. My Rover has been down/driven very little for the last 18 months or so. 3 Amigos have been on solid for around 12.

scottagnew101 said:
Just get the codes read. If its the shuttle valve code just replace it yourself and be done with it. I replaced my shuttle valve and have been three amigos free for over a year! Just a simple $60 part at land rover and 30 minutes of your time

Scott

I'll likely end up doing that. Heck, I've got a shuttle valve sitting on a shelf right now. I'm just holding out hope it could be a sensor. ;)

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
I get the 3 buddies usualy whe it rains or I go over railroad tracks to fast. The abs still works when they go on. Although if I engage Hill decent it works for about 10 feet then pops the lights on. One day I'm gonna have to get the codes read. The other day only 2 buddies came on ABS and TC the hill decent didn't. Go figure. They always go off after a restart.