Hd Polyethyline Skids

ArmyRover

Dec 4, 2007
Augusta, GA
my only question would be long term durability.

It's a hell of an idea though that merits some serious looking into as a low cost skid alternative.

Hollywood LR3

Dec 31, 2007
Did you guys read this?

Hey Capt!! I went to Moab to test out my skids and they ROCKED!!!! I was very impressed with the way they look almost new after being abused hardcore. I went on poison spider, seven mile, behind the rock, hells revenge, fins and things tip over challenge, potato salad, and others. These are almost bullet proof. I'm doing my front skid next week. I plan on selling these in a kit with in a month. Thanks for all your help!!!!!

Mike in SLC

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
Hollywood LR3 said:
Did you guys read this?

Hey Capt!! I went to Moab to test out my skids and they ROCKED!!!! I was very impressed with the way they look almost new after being abused hardcore. I went on poison spider, seven mile, behind the rock, hells revenge, fins and things tip over challenge, potato salad, and others. These are almost bullet proof. I'm doing my front skid next week. I plan on selling these in a kit with in a month. Thanks for all your help!!!!!

Mike in SLC

LOL....another entrepreneur.

$10 says he, or someone copying him, posts something in the Tech section to "gauge interest for a group buy" of plastic sheeting.

I'm going to just wrap my truck in a huge, thick condom before I go wheeling. It will protect against rocks and mud and such. I plan on selling these in a kit with in a month.

maxyedor

May 9, 2006
Guys have been running that stuff on rock buggies for over a decade. It works pretty well for a while, then it starts cracking around where the bolts go to attach it. Really nothing beats aluminum for skidplate, just be smart about where you put them. I've been on plenty of trails with sharp pointy rocks and have never hit my trans, transfer case or engine, diffs, chassis and fuel tank get beat, but they're well protected. No need to add weight and trap heat.

ak rover

Mar 7, 2007
alaska
Well up here in alaska we use this stuff as wear material on the bottoms of boats that get beached alot,. and i am going to use this stuff to as a friction meterial on the bottom of my sliders and maybe on my gas tank skid to help slide off the rocks. but even at 1/2 inch thick it will have flex to the point of pulling out of the mounting brackets. all the uses i have seen it in required a good stiff backing plate. if you use it under a rover as the fj site shows to close to a heat source and "say get hung up on a rock with a fair amount of wieght it will start to change shape and may melt to a cat converter or? and it will not return to its origanal shape. im not saying it wont work as i love this stuff but its simply not a replacement for steel or alloy but is a great compliment to both.
just my two cents