Ignition cylinder

Max

Apr 20, 2004
Colorado
OK late nighters
My key wont go into the ignition cylinder I do not see a section in the book for the ignition and the search leads me to bypassing the ignition. It looks like there is a ball, that has a hole in it that needs to slide over to allow the key in, that has turned and does not depress all the way. I can see the hole. How do I bypass this.does the ball deactivate the alarm or wheel lock? can I just drill out the ball? Max

Discotec

Mar 30, 2006
Glenwood, N.B. Canada
Max said:
OK late nighters
My key wont go into the ignition cylinder I do not see a section in the book for the ignition and the search leads me to bypassing the ignition. It looks like there is a ball, that has a hole in it that needs to slide over to allow the key in, that has turned and does not depress all the way. I can see the hole. How do I bypass this.does the ball deactivate the alarm or wheel lock? can I just drill out the ball? Max

Max a simple search here produced this result
Good Luck
Dave

Re: Help! Key Stuck in the Ignition?!? 96' DISCO SE I (author unknown but fro Discoweb)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi ,i am brand new here, and i had this happen to me , there is a ground plunger in the steering colum , its broke , the key only comes out when all power is lost, pop the cover off the top of the colum , now you can see the key rotate , notice the plunger moving up and down as the key turns , for the key to come out the plunger must stay grounded,yours is not , turn to the start pos, then hold that plunger and turn the key back , it comes out and your steering wheel lock s, now put super glue on top of the plunger and turn to on pos, plunger stays pressed to the ground by its self , leave 10mins in on pos, and it it will stay connected , did mine a year ago , still works fine , please let me now how it turns out ! 98 disco 4 life!!
Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.3/1354 - Release Date: 4/1/2008 5:38 AM

Max

Apr 20, 2004
Colorado
The search was not so simple. The key is not stuck in the cylinder so that post does not help. The plunger i'm talking aboutis seen by looking down the key hole. I dont know what the plunger does. After a nights sleep I think it is just the key left in alarm.
Max

Discotec

Mar 30, 2006
Glenwood, N.B. Canada
Max said:
The search was not so simple. The key is not stuck in the cylinder so that post does not help. The plunger i'm talking aboutis seen by looking down the key hole. I dont know what the plunger does. After a nights sleep I think it is just the key left in alarm.
Max

I'll say no more.....good Luck with it !!