ETC vs. Lockers

tightgroup

Jan 14, 2007
Judging , by the replies, I guess we all know shit..

Great opinions, lots of passion, all wrapped up in BS.

Not much in terms of civility, and mutual respect.

Why don't you guys meet up for a good pow wow and get this over with, instead of dancing around the tulips like little girls.

MUSKYMAN

Apr 19, 2004
OverBarrington IL
see this is a community and when the BULL SHIT starts getting posted we come out in force:D

after a while the BULL SHIT posters stop posting BULL SHIT.

kinda like this:tribe:

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
tightgroup said:
Judging , by the replies, I guess we all know shit..

Great opinions, lots of passion, all wrapped up in BS.

Not much in terms of civility, and mutual respect.

Why don't you guys meet up for a good pow wow and get this over with, instead of dancing around the tulips like little girls.

I think it's been a pretty civil discussion with plenty of good information and plenty of misguided information as well. Some people here know a good deal, others not so much, but act as if they do. Everyone knows what is up here. No big secret. It tends to sort itself with the shit floating to the top.

The "BS" has surfaced.

thedude

Sep 10, 2007
so who makes the decision whether someones OPINION is bullshit? oh, wait i know, the same band of cocksuckers with thousands of posts that happen agree with one another and have nothing better to do than search multiple websites pulling out random quotes to call ones so called bullshit lie or statement.

MOST OF ALL, half these self proclaimed land rover gods wouldnt meet for a "pow wow". they are too busy searching for your posts to be sure they are gospel to their esoteric theories.

:flipoff2:

David Despain

Feb 24, 2005
Salt Lick City Utah
to the side of the selector knob is the diff lock switch. next to that is the switch that lets me turn off the ETC if I so choose. next to that is the hill decent control.

round electrial knob is not ideal for a transer case selector. this is not the perfect truck either, but its far from crap.

the ETC on this truck is super smooth and seemless. it works very well. yet i have had occasion to turn it off, usually going up hill where a little tire spin helps things.

Attachments

• 4wd knob.JPG
    4wd knob.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 35

David Despain

Feb 24, 2005
Salt Lick City Utah
note the diff lock icon. yeah i know you are saying "so what i have one too" but this one is for the REAR DIFF not the center one. oh and thats stock from the factory

the symbol inside the speedo next to the 4LO shows the transfer case connecting the front and rear together solidly. like almost all conventional 4wd systems in vehicles that operate in 2wd primarily.

Attachments

• difflock.JPG
    difflock.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

thedude

Sep 10, 2007
david......the china-man is not the issue. it's not like he built the railroads here man.

JSQ

Apr 21, 2004
San Diego, CA
Bannon88 said:
Great bust!

draaronr said:
Jack you dig deep, man 3 years.

The motto of the Staatssicherheit was "Alles Wissen!"

Discoweb does not have the Stasi, but it does have its own Schild und Schwert der Partei which is not limited to just myself.

David Despain

Feb 24, 2005
Salt Lick City Utah
notice in this pic the factory installed bed rail system. nissan was the first to do this in the US . they were also first to offer a factory super charger in a compact truck in the US. first to offer 4 doors in a compact in the US. first to offer a 4 door compact w/ a long bed in the US. they were the first to offer a compact pickup in the US. i think they were the first to offer an extended cab as well but someone might verify that bit of info.

perfect truck? nope, it has no armrests and that bugs the shit outa me
souless? some might say.
plasticy? yeah for sure
crap that cant wheel? i for one dont think so.

Attachments

• EEsticker_edited.JPG
    EEsticker_edited.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 25

tightgroup

Jan 14, 2007
Well from ETC to East Germans, I guess we are pretty well done here!

In any case I hope to catch most of you on a trail, and if you would need help, it would be my pleasure. I just enjoy offroading too much.

Snow is starting to melt here in Montreal, so the Wiskey is flowing freely and I have a truck to build.

Enjoy your freedoms!

TG

Mongo

Apr 19, 2004
thomaskimura said:
Mongo you should rent an X-Terra for this drive off. Just to prove driver is 90%.

Perhaps make the wager sweet, like the loser's truck gets destroyed or even better, the loser is never allowed to post again.

I just had beer come out of my nose...I'm just gotta find somebody with a D2 with dual TT's...any volunteer's, you can drive mine :D

MUSKYMAN

Apr 19, 2004
OverBarrington IL
thedude said:
so who makes the decision whether someones OPINION is bullshit? oh, wait i know, the same band of cocksuckers with thousands of posts that happen agree with one another and have nothing better to do than search multiple websites pulling out random quotes to call ones so called bullshit lie or statement.

MOST OF ALL, half these self proclaimed land rover gods wouldnt meet for a "pow wow". they are too busy searching for your posts to be sure they are gospel to their esoteric theories.

:flipoff2:

Please post where someone called a opinion bullshit?

When anybody makes a post of a technical nature they are open to review by the community.

If the information is not correct they are going to get called on it here because the technical section is designed to accumulate accurate technical information for future use.

when someone posts that there can be some slip in a locked CDL that information is not correct. when they post it over and over in different threads they then are BULL SHITTING the community and doing future users of the information a diservice.

as far as your "pow wow" comment:rofl: grow up

thedude

Sep 10, 2007
muskyman, if you think i am going through this thread to pull out several quotes you are wrong. you should ask the other prolific quoters to do that. however, it doesnt take a whole hell of a lot of intelligence to distinguish between opinion and solid truths. jesus, look at the title of the post, "ETC vs Lockers". to me that asks, what is your OPINION on which is better and why?

:cheers:

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
Let me say this. When I was walking around withouth a clue, I'd sure be alot happier if there were people making certain that the weekend warriors were not passing around half truths and mis-information to confuse the hell out of me.
If you come to this site seeking information and are open to it great. That's what much of the information is here for.
If you come to this site thinking you have the answers because you've wheeled a few times with all the "big show" gear then you're going to get your ass handed to you.
Sorry it's not all fields of rainbows and puppies here, but it's better to have a little control over the site. Next thing you know its the "Land Rovers Only" game show hosted by none other than Mr. Young.
Don't pee in the pool. Eventually you'll see who does.