3 amigos - AGAIN

D

dubb57

Had the Disco for about a month now. The 3 amigos have started to show up off and on now. At first they would pop on and then go away after the truck was turned of. NOW, they're showing up and hanging around longer.

I think it's brake related. Starting to hear a squeal like when pads need to be changed.

Taking to get codes read at an auto zone.

SO....the question is, do the 3amigos have to be on when I get the codes read to get the proper reading?

And am I to understand, that you can buy a code reader that'll read, but not clear codes?

any help is appreciated.

Discotec

Mar 30, 2006
Glenwood, N.B. Canada
Sorry to say but i don't think a plain ole OBD II code reader will deal with the ABS brake codes....OBD II is engine related shit......the brakes have a different computer.....
You need someone with a "Testbook" (dealer) or another type of Land Rover comprehensive code reader like Omnitech or even the newer Super Scan II...perhaps a good independent garage........

Some 3 amigos stuff is related to the wheel sensors being faulty or not being pushed in far enough then again it can get worse.....shuttle valve, etc.........

Good Luck with it..........
ps:(and no the lights do not have to be on to read codes, previous fault codes are stored in the computer memory)

pps: You are a good example why PT asks people to put their vehicle info in either their profile or posts, It helps those trying to help you !!

Last edited:

scottagnew101

Apr 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Where are you located?

You are going to have to find someone to read the codes most likely a dealer but it could also be an indy shop; as long as they have the right tools. Rovacom, T4 thats all that come to mind. get the codes read and then we can help.

Scott

pdogg

Jul 18, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Agreed, the SLABS computer is the one storing the codes, not the OBD computer... and the lights don't have to be on to read them.

If you need a modulator, please check out eBay.. I recently bought mine new sealed for $530.. I paid a local indy shop $200 to install it.. including testbook bleed and code reset.

I'm Amigo free, for now...

D

dubb57

[QUOTE
pps: You are a good example why PT asks people to put their vehicle info in either their profile or posts, It helps those trying to help you !![/QUOTE]

sorry. 2000 Discovery II

D

dubb57

scottagnew101 said:
Where are you located?

You are going to have to find someone to read the codes most likely a dealer but it could also be an indy shop; as long as they have the right tools. Rovacom, T4 thats all that come to mind. get the codes read and then we can help.

Scott

I'm located in Valley Village, CA. OR Los Angeles if you will. Can anyone recommend a shop who may have the necessary reader?