Some nice big Camel trophy action shots

bovw

Apr 1, 2006
Orange, VA
They do make good wallpaper, RN has them on their site to download. Some other good shots in the thread too.

Slappy

Jun 17, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
RBBailey said:
That ain't no Camel Trophy, THIS is a Camel Trophy!

(And you have my permission to use it as a desktop for no profit use only. 1.7mb download)
That looks like Ron and his defender from NCLR on the Oregon Discovery Route trip.....

Steve

Last edited:

Andrew Homan

Jun 7, 2004
Alaska
RBBailey said:
That ain't no Camel Trophy, THIS is a Camel Trophy!

(And you have my permission to use it as a desktop for no profit use only. 1.7mb download)

That was a great trip!!! That spot right now is under 3-4 feet of snow:ack: But with a few more 60 degree days it should be gone. OK maybe in mid june it will be gone:banghead:

RBBailey

Jul 26, 2004
Oregon
www.flickr.com
Yep, that's Ron. I hope we get to see him again this year, or was he the one who couldn't come this time?

Andy... I'll be up there again in the last week of this month. Bringing the XD. The snow coverage at that altitude was pretty impressive last time I was there: Check it.

Slappy

Jun 17, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
RBBailey said:
Yep, that's Ron. I hope we get to see him again this year, or was he the one who couldn't come this time?

Andy... I'll be up there again in the last week of this month. Bringing the XD. The snow coverage at that altitude was pretty impressive last time I was there: Check it.
I wanted to go this year, but it seems my work and wheelin' trips aren't working out this year. It sounds like a fun trip. How's Portland? The wife and I might be moving up there in about a year or so....

Steve

Andrew Homan

Jun 7, 2004
Alaska
I guess I'm lame cause I like the Camel photos and the add for the "toes" too. I guess nothings good enough here anymore. RB nice lame photo of your XD and the snow:D

RBBailey

Jul 26, 2004
Oregon
www.flickr.com
I'm just sensitive about my photography. Get all girl-like and misty-eyed. Maybe I should go read that thread about what lifts you up. Besides, that photo of his truck on the rock really does scream out the definition of lame. It's a nice truck, don't get me wrong; but just the position of it up in the air, gimp wheel hanging down, potential damage being done by the rock, the whole bit -- lame.

JSQ

Apr 21, 2004
San Diego, CA
RBBailey said:

I think that pic is hilarious.
We were all cracking up when that happened.

Sometimes even a pretty good size boulder will just roll around like a marble under the truck.
Thanks to Leo Hallak for the stainless frame sliders saving my frame ear in that pic.

JSQ

Apr 21, 2004
San Diego, CA
Tom in MD said:
Once upon a time I had that whole series of Kalimantan pics in a screensaver slide show. Thanks for posting.

I remember that.
You used to be able to download these sweet CT screensaver slide shows from the www.landrover.com There were three different choices but Kalimantan was definitely the best.
I used to rock that shit on my Mac Powerbook.