3 amogos at 97k

A

armydisco

ok about to drive to TX and got the 3 amigos this morning. Did a break job last week, bled the breaks, forgot to lube=brakes squeaking, lubed after I got the lights. No more squeak. Took a lil test drive and ABS and TC work. I contacted multiple repair shops and even called a few dealers and was unable to find anyone within 6 hours to do a scan, I am in lower Alabama at fort rucker. I contacted Mobile, AL and Baton Rouge, LA dealerships and neither could FIT me in on short notice.
Anyway obviously the lights won't clear themselves so I am stuck trying to find a repair shop/stearlership to get it fixed on my way to FT Hood,TX. Any help would be great
Thanks,
Rob

A

armydisco

I took it to a local shop here in AL and he had the wrong stuff, I guess he shouldn't advertise FOREIGN car repair. Anyway I found a repair shop in Lafayette, LA which is about 7 hours away but directly enroute to TX. I'll see what they can do.
I did a scan with my OBDII and got a P1590. From what I found on line no one really knows what this code means, but seems to be related to the 3 amigos. Truck is running great and ABS and TC work fine from what I can tell
Thanks
Rob

A

armydisco

while i am at it i'll get a defender 90 and a 110, maybe even 2 dI's

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
You are correct in assuming the p1590 fault is abs related. All it's saying pretty much that the ecu is acknowledging a fault with the slabs computer. It in itself won't cause the cel to come on but it lurks in the back ground until something else does.

jeffro0502

Aug 22, 2006
Navarre FL
How hard is it to get the gauge cluster out? My amigos come on and off frequently, always reset...but getting tired or seeing them. I like the tape idea. Thought I had this licked at one point but they eventually came back.

A

armydisco

rovercanus-thanks, I drove from AL to LA yesterday and the truck ran great. On the highway I was getting good MPG and no probs with the brakes. I'll get it looked at when I get to TX. Thanks again
Rob

A

armydisco

jeffro0502 said:
How hard is it to get the gauge cluster out? My amigos come on and off frequently, always reset...but getting tired or seeing them. I like the tape idea. Thought I had this licked at one point but they eventually came back.
There are a couple of screws in the front/bottom of the cluster. The back, closest to the windshield is secured by some clips. Repost as a dash cluster ques or search this forum for the info on removing it.

martinquebec

Jun 19, 2006
montreal, Canada
you have to run the D2 with a testbook to clear the 3 lights, i did the same job 3 weeks ago as you did...was still there run a test clear memory and voila !!