Blew fuel pump fuse.... what, me worry?

vray

Apr 5, 2005
WRV, Idaho
Driving home today, my truck suddenly died. I figured that was goodbye fuel pump, but it was the fuel pump fuse that blew. I replaced it and I seem good to go.

But I am thinking fuses don't blow for no reason, so I am trying to figure what to even check. Last night it snowed, was windy and bitterly cold, maybe that caused it to blow and I don't really need worry. Or is more serious like my fuel pump is dying? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

A

ajh

Yeah, every time you get access to connectors or wire joints put di-electric silicone grease on/in them, this will help a lot. I curse Land Rover daily for cheaping out on including some nickel and zinc in the those components.

JMK

Nov 1, 2004
Ogden, UT
That happened to me last year. Turns out it was an O2 wire that had shorted on the exaust manifold. Might give that a look while your at it. It happened on the drivers side.

JMK

vray

Apr 5, 2005
WRV, Idaho
Thanks guys. I checked the connector to the fuel pump, it seems ok. I guess i need to follow the wires all the way and look for something untoward? My o2 wires seem ok as well. Any other system that will affect this? The fuse is blowing pretty quick now, with regularity. I suck with electrics, so any dumbed down guidance would be great.