Washer bottle?

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Im relocating the washer bottle to the firewall. I have the mount done and the ears ground off of the tank. Heres the question. The bottle has 3 pumps. I assume the 2 on the front are for front and rear. What is the larger pump on the rear for? My first assumption would be for headlight washers but i dont have them. Also the hose is much larger than the front 2.

P.S. Why did the bastards have to put the washer hoses into the wiring harness?:banghead:

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Just got it remounted. The rear motor just got plugged with a screw and some silicone. I have the front washer working but i forgot to get extra hose to make the rear work so i just plugged it until next weekend.

flyfisher11

May 25, 2005
Wolf Laurel NC
I HATE PONIES said:
Just got it remounted. The rear motor just got plugged with a screw and some silicone. I have the front washer working but i forgot to get extra hose to make the rear work so i just plugged it until next weekend.

Out of curiosity will you post some pics? I used a D-90 bottle when I relocated and mounted it to the back of the battery box where the jack used to go, with some expert dremel work I might add;)

Cheers,

Mike
:patriot:

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Here are some pics. The tappets in the mounting band are not nescessary or pretty but it keeps the bottle from sliding without using rubber under the band. The last pic is of the fire extinguisher. I mounted it right befor Mar and it has worked great. My feet dont hit it and the seat still adjusts. It just took some tappets through the mount and into the plastic trim on the seat.

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 120
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 99
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 69
  • f4.jpg
    f4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 86

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Heres two from the front. the first is with the band and the second is without the band. Without looks better but it is a lot harder to make the mounts work. You will also need to drastically shorten the filler neck. It will need trimmed to where it gets fat and then forced into the hole and siliconed.

If the bastards hadnt put the hoses in the harness you could just flip sides and be done. The front can be done if you cut the harness and retrieve some hose but the rear is impossible without extra hose.

Attachments

• w5.jpg
    w5.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 82
  • w6.jpg
    w6.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 86

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Negative. I took it apart to clean it but i dont have the tools to get the maf out of the housing. Mr. Tillery has anticipated my needs and offered a great deal so i will call him tomorrow. I hope his maf will come with the housing and i wont need the tool. I believe it is a security torx. The link from Scott has the tool listed if you need it.

flyfisher11

May 25, 2005
Wolf Laurel NC
I HATE PONIES said:
Negative. I took it apart to clean it but i dont have the tools to get the maf out of the housing. Mr. Tillery has anticipated my needs and offered a great deal so i will call him tomorrow. I hope his maf will come with the housing and i wont need the tool. I believe it is a security torx. The link from Scott has the tool listed if you need it.

Oh yeah it is all one unit. The "tube" that contains the wires (maf) are all one piece. don't sweat it, it is plug and play.

Cheers,

Mike

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Sorry thats the only pic of the tray. The front of it did get folded farther under the front for clearance. It is half of the front exhaust guard from a Craftsman lt1000 lawn tractor. It was so close that you dont even have to drill new holes. The top two holes line up and the bottom tucks in nicely. The washer bottle also has a foam sticky pad on it that lines up great with the shock tower.

flyfisher11

May 25, 2005
Wolf Laurel NC
lucasd2002 said:
Did you plumb for the rear or just the front? What did you need to change/mod to get the 90 bottle to work? Thanks

Mine is a little different than his as I cut some of the plastic box out where the jack usually goes then I plumbed it for the rear and front. What you have to do is flip the OEM hoses around to the passenger side and add an extension piece of hose. It is easy as these things are made for RHD and LHD. I'll try to get you some pics of my setup tomorrow.

Cheers,

Mike