p1313

B

barefoot

96 d1

which side of engine is bank a?

also....any additional info on p1313? possible causes etc?

thanks

Last edited:
B

barefoot

wonder why it can isolate drivers side (bank a) but not track down a cylinder/s.

is there anything that would only affect bank a? its not plugs or wires, its not a coil pack as it would have to show up in bank b as well.

thanks for the info kenyon

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
Don't know if this helps, but:

How long have you been throwing the code? When my wires went, the code was originally for a single cylinder; after a little while (day or so), the code for the counter cylinder showed up. YMMV

Good luck.

B

barefoot

the wires and plugs are brand new. the code has been consistently thrown since installing a new camshaft (crower kit). i had some problems with the cmps and timing cover fitting all of which has been fixed. i am still getting the code and it runs like shit. idles good now that the front cover has been fixed. there are no vacuum leaks. the vehicle has no power, runs like a valve is burnt or stuck or a plug wire has been unplugged. the miss is so bad it vibrates the whole truck when driving it and it can be heard in the exhaust.

p1313 is the only damn code it will throw. when it throws it, the cel immediatly starts flashing and will continue to flash until you stop for a minute or two.

my thinking was that since this is the only code i can get....maybe it is the entire bank a that is having the problem. just wondering if anyone knows of something that would only affect bank a. a sensor of some kind?

there were no running problems before the tear down so i am going on the assumption that i have crossed a sensor wire, broke a connection, or some such shit.

will be looking more into it tonight. its just has to be something on the wiring harness??????

Last edited:
A

ascali

check your PCV hoses. I found a broken breathes hose on mine. after I replaced the PCV hoses( only 2) and oil separator, the code is gone.

99 D1

B

barefoot

DarthMole18 said:
Erase it and keep on keepin on.

you didnt read my last post......it runs like pure SHIT!

the pcv hoses are new. not sure what you mean by oil seperator...can you elaborate?

edit=nevermind...i know what it is...duh!

Last edited:
B

barefoot

well...apparently p1313 shows up alone when there is no power to injector #5. found the injector non-functioning due to a short in the wiring harness. fixed and all is well. still dont know why it wouldnt isolate cyl 5. also, im not sure why the computer thought that was going to melt the cats.

anyway, the new camshaft did give it a little more power. the transmission shifts a shit load smoother than it ever has (it normally shifted very hard or labored). evidence that a lack of engine power has a direct affect on the transmission. most importantly, no more embarassing tick tick tick!

doing the work myself was a damn good idea! took me a while working on it whenever i got really bored but i learned a shit load! thanks to everyone on the board who helped! pt...i will send the cmps back asap!

Last edited:

lordkenyon

Oct 24, 2005
A
Great you got it fixed. Guess a noid light would've shown that too. I know how frustrating it is that the computer is smart, but not quite that smart, again just shows how we can't rely on one indicator.