2000 DII pinion seal

J

jhyre

OK I give...how do you remove the centralizing pin from the pinion flange in order to change the pinion seal ?
Can it be done without the specialized tool lrt-51-008??
:banghead: :banghead:

J

jhyre

Sorry, centralising peg, as mentioned Rave cd manuals. Is pressed into pinion flange on top of nut.

Manual has special pulling tool to remove.

Was going to change flange while i am in there.

Have not started pulling yet, looking at manual.

Can seal be changed without pulling this peg??

J

jhyre

Thanks Timmy, I am assuming from the diagram, that you HAVE to remove the peg in order to get to the nut to remove the pinion flange, to change the seal.
Or am I totally off base?

flyfisher11

May 25, 2005
Wolf Laurel NC
When I got rid of the rotoflex I made a puller for the centralizing peg thanks to Muskyman. I think the bolt hole is a M10 but check to make sure first. I then got the bolt in about a 4" I think, put a shit load (technical term ) of big flat washers on it, then got one of my big 3/4" drive sockets. The socket has to be larger than the peg of course. A piece of pipe might work too. Anyway place this homemade puller over the peg and start turning. This worked great for me and it popped right out. It is basically a homemade version of the LR specialized tool. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mike

flyfisher11

May 25, 2005
Wolf Laurel NC
ptschram said:
The hole is 8*1.25.

I use my hub nut socket, a bolt and a washer. They have always popped right off for me, but some folks have a horrible time with them.

Thanks PT. I just couldn't remember the damn size, but it worked great for me the one time I did it.

Cheers,

Mike
:victory: