Beware the CROC of shit stewing in NC...

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
I am sad to say, CROC, with its self appointed leadership board, has turned to a crock of shit. The web admin uses his arrogant intimidation to run the club from the sidelines, the treasurer is a compulsive lying thief, and the president is a spineless moron! The founding members and the historically huge supporters of the club and its major event (such as RCH) have voiced their disappointment unto deaf ears. Concerned members have spoken out and been opressed. I am burning my stupid fucking membership card ASAP. I always said I would never join a car club for these reasons, then I made an exception, look what I got. Fucking bullshit.

It turns out that those stupid misconceptions that most people have about Rover people are sad but true in some cases, and CROC is one of them. Carolina Rover Owners Camping Club- a big FUCK YOU from me to you.

that is all. :victory:

D

D Chapman

I'm betting there is a side 2 to this story......givin Crowns track record of being a dumbass.

msggunny

Aug 3, 2007
Holly Ridge, NC
crown14 said:
I am sad to say, CROC, with its self appointed leadership board, has turned to a crock of shit. The web admin uses his arrogant intimidation to run the club from the sidelines, the treasurer is a compulsive lying thief, and the president is a spineless moron! The founding members and the historically huge supporters of the club and its major event (such as RCH) have voiced their disappointment unto deaf ears. Concerned members have spoken out and been opressed. I am burning my stupid fucking membership card ASAP. I always said I would never join a car club for these reasons, then I made an exception, look what I got. Fucking bullshit.

It turns out that those stupid misconceptions that most people have about Rover people are sad but true in some cases, and CROC is one of them. Carolina Rover Owners Camping Club- a big FUCK YOU from me to you.

that is all. :victory:

Whats up with it? I considered joining them a while ago but went with Old North State.

Some of the guys around the Wilmington area and I are trying to put something small together, but nothing silly or retarded. We dont want to have stupid problems like what you are describing.

Thanks for the heads up.

F18Guy

Mar 30, 2004
Down by the big rock
Well that sucks to hear. I had a lot of fun with those folks 02 - 04. I agree with Dan though, there must be another side to the story...that is unless CROC has turned into the VTXS of 02...

draaronr

Apr 20, 2004
wilmington, nc
No Crown is pretty much on target here. I would like to see it changed back to the way it was 5 years ago, but it will need a complete overhaul for that to happen.
Jon Turner aka "pugsly" has been most instumental at getting that club so screwed up.

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
Yeah didnt pugsly get banned from discoweb?

Google Jon Turner and you can see what kind of shit he was up to when he lived in SF.

Attachments

• scout_pugsly.jpg
    scout_pugsly.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 220

Rover Puppy

Jun 10, 2004
Tallahassee, Florida
I joined CROC a few years ago... thinking that I might be able to drive up and attend one of their events.

I mailed my check and registration form. My check was cashed promptly.

Waited for the promised newsletter, sticker, etc... so that I could read about their events.

Never received a thing from them.

However, one year later... I did receive an invoice for dues for the 2nd year.

I considered writing and complaining, but decided it might have just been an oversight that I never received anything during my first year of membership.

Since we were homebound at the time, I did not join for the 2nd year.

Rover Puppy said:
I joined CROC a few years ago... thinking that I might be able to drive up and attend one of their events.

I mailed my check and registration form. My check was cashed promptly.

Waited for the promised newsletter, sticker, etc... so that I could read about their events.

Never received a thing from them.

However, one year later... I did receive an invoice for dues for the 2nd year.

I considered writing and complaining, but decided it might have just been an oversight that I never received anything during my first year of membership.

Since we were homebound at the time, I did not join for the 2nd year.

Same thing happened to me with the Ohio Valley Land Rover club. As it turned out, it was no big loss as they seemed to be a very legalistic group with odd views.

G

gil stevens

yeah.. so what went down? you cant lay that shit out there and not give some details..

JustAddMtns

Jun 22, 2007
NC
x2 I just joined Old North State and I am trying to get my friend to join. My first Rover club, but I considered CROC. I think we are all curious to hear what happened...
________
Bmw 3 series

Last edited:

crown14

May 11, 2006
Clayton, NC
If youve never met Pugsly, it may be hard to describe just how big of a arrogant, pompous ass he really is. Dont get me wrong, his online conduct is a good indicator of how he is, but couple it with his personality in real life and one has to ask, how many times did this guy get hung by his BVD's in the locker room as a kid to fuck him up this bad?
He hosts the CROC website and its forum, and decided that made it ok for him to post links to his and his wifes business at the bottom of every page on the site. Some other members were having a dispute with him about his behavior and how he never can admit he is wrong about anything, and he started deleting and editing other members posts to make them look foolish. Myself and another member discussed this and I called him out on using the site for his own personal interests, and he deletes the negative comments about him from his forum quickly- before anyone else can learn about him.

I made it clear to the president of the club (a non profit club i might add) the conflict of interest that the site admin was demonstrating, and pointed out him neglecting his duties as web administrator in general, and the president actually agrees with me and asks me to post these things in the forum again. So with the blessing of the president, I do this and again I am banned with a quickness.

At this point it becomes clear that the web admin holds the power in the club, not the president or anyone else. Suddenly it makes sense why the former president stepped down after a half term, even he couldnt stand the fucker.

After those of us who were banned (including my wife, WTF is up with that??) get back online after a few days, we begin making suggestions to the president about how pugsly should be removed as board member and how we can form a new more fair forum and start a new improved website, even offering up our own fucking money for the cause. The president responds with a request for suggestions. So, we make our suggestions a second time, and get no response for several days. I finally contact him and ask him what his position is, and he asks for suggestions yet again. At this point it becomes apparant no only does he not have the backbone to stand up to his web administrator, he hasnt got the brains to lead a trail ride much less a club with concerned members.

So we got sick of it and decided we were just gonna take the whole fucking thing over. Noone elects or votes for the club administration, they just decide on a meeting trip and whoever is there can volunteer. They claim to have a system for absentee nominations in place but I smell bullshit. I mean seriously, who takes a club seriously when noone wants to be president, and when the one dumbass who speaks up and says he does is literally a poser who wants to belong so badly he allows the web admin to make his decisions for him?

Anyway, I personally am sick of the whole deal, and the club and its fucking lazy members on the whole. I dont, so fuck it let it go to shit. But I feel everyone should know what kinda mindless douche nozzles CROC is represented by. You might see them at MAR, with their picnic blankets, electric wine bottle openers, and christmas lights strung up around their campsite. You might have seen them at Uwharrie safari, backing into trees or sucking up to Bill Burke. Either way, stay away from these goons, they are the experts of armchair rovering and couch camping that ruin the idea of rover ownership for so many people.

D

D Chapman

Editing posts? Deleting post? Are you talking about LRO or Land Rover Addict?

SUcking up to Bill Burke? Is Steve Young there?