Expedition Exchange BS... Go drunk in CO while driving!

R

Rogerd

hey guys,
been awhile since the great "drinking on the trails" debate that John from EE started about me in Death Valley trip, when he bashed me when not even there to see me or even get the facts straight, typical forum BS...

Good news! Johns partner Ho was seen driving DRUNK on the Saturday trail run in Montrose at the National Convention! What hypocrites! He was seen driving to the trail with group, swerving on the road there with his 2 doughters in the truck. Then when the group stopped he passed out in the front seat of his orange D2 with a pink pony blanket! When scott from crossroads (lr dealership in CO) asked his doughters if he was ok, when trying to approach him about it, they said he didnt want to be bothered!

Then Sat night at the LRL party I personally watched him leave in his truck at 11 driving drunk. And there new ad in LRL has a photo pouring wine on the tail gate of a rover, was it while driving?

all of this can be colanerated by Scott from crossroads in CO, this was the first time I met the Guy and he told me this without knowing my previos history with these guys.

bottom line for me is I have no problem having a beer on the trail, in moderation. What I have a problem with is hypocrites! Let's show these guys we won't stand for there BS by hurting them where it counts, by not buying parts from them.

opinions?

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Re: Expedition exchange BS... Go drunk in CO while driving!

:eek: This may have been handled better if you had not directly attacked one of the owners. It was nice to meet you though!:smash:

D

D Chapman

I was with Ho Friday night. He did not drink that much at the "Western Town" night out. In fact, I sat with him by the pool at the hotel later that night and Ho did not appear to be "drunk". He did, how ever, stay up late with myself, Tami (1), and Tamy (2).

At the LRL party, Ho did have some drinks; Maybe 3 at best. They were the free Sky vodka drinks. FREE drinks typically do not have a whole lot of alcohol in them, and I know mine were mixed pretty weak. If you saw Ho leaving, you also saw me, Tami and Tamy crawl into the truck with him. Ho was not "drunk".

I don't know what your argument is or why you feel the need to dispute this; I'll have to go back and find the thread where you got your ass handed to you. But, judging by you post, I guess you got hammered for drinking and driving on the trail. If this is the case, I'd say you got bitch slapped for a reason. It's one thing to have a drink(s) with a trail side dinner; it's another thing to get floored while still on the trail.

I'll admit to drinking on the trail at times. In fact, I've gotten so fucked up I've had to call it quits before and park the truck. I also had some drinks on the trail in Montrose (although I was not driving). But for you to claim Ho was driving drunk is just funny. We were at the LRL party for over 3-hours, maybe 4, and Ho had a minimum number of drinks. That's hardly "drunk".

G

gil stevens

damn.. double tamis?? git some!

D

D Chapman

Rogerd said:
Let's show these guys we won't stand for there BS by hurting them where it counts, by not buying parts from them.

Classic :smilelol:

brianhoberg

Apr 16, 2007
San Antonio, TX
www.brianhoberg.com

While I don't condone drinking on the trails, I can't say I haven't ever had a drink before wheeling. What I don't get is how someone as green as yourself can come on a board, run by the two you are commenting on, and try to start something such as "let's show them how we feel by not buying their products". Honestly, WTF?!?!

Personally, I've bought thousands of dollars of merchandise from EE. Between EE and AB, they mostly have what I need (not blasting any other vendors here, I've used plenty). So, sorry...I'm still shopping with them. (Thanks for reminding me to place an order with them by the way, I meant to get to that.)

So, if you knew what the guys from EE have done and offered for the rover community and if you were familiar with how mature people handle issues such as this (through a personal email or calling them) I don't think you would have made the stupid mistake you just made. :banghead:

Just food for thought.

Oh, and you can now remove your foot from your mouth. :smilelol:

brianhoberg said:
What I don't get is how someone as green as yourself can come on a board, run by the two you are commenting on, and try to start something such as "let's show them how we feel by not buying their products".

For the sake of accuracy, I believe Discoweb is run by Axel, Ho, and Kyle. I don't believe John has any formal involvement.

If this has changed, Axel, let me know.

Nomar

Apr 23, 2004
Virginia

Yeah, I think it changed to ...Axel & Ho only! LOL

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005

gil stevens said:
damn.. double tamis?? git some!

Now Dan's Tami (Tammy?) was a nice girl...but you'd have no chance with Tami #2....unless you're married or have a girlfriend, in which case she's all over you!

Last edited:
G

gil stevens

chris snell said:
Now Dan's Tami (Tammy?) was a nice girl...but you'd have no chance with Tami #2....unless you're married or have a girlfriend, in which case she's all over you!

word.. well im married so i should be all set :patriot:

and fwiw.. i think roger is lying. :bs: i didnt see any pictures of Ho drunk driving on the EE site..

R

Rogerd

what I have a problem with is the hypocrisy of their group, find the original post, john slammed with not even being there and accusing me of being drunk, which I never was.

1) Ho was drunk driving, swerving on the highway, with his doughters in the car. Is this acceptable?
2) those free drinks got me plowed, I only had 3 as well, but I didn't drive. 3 drinks in 2 hours is Illegal in most states

MUSKYMAN

Apr 19, 2004
OverBarrington IL

so a guy drives from Cali to Co stays up late and runs at convention pace only to end up snuggled in a cute blanket wanting to be left alone...that makes him drunk?

Roger

go the fuck away

NVRover

Apr 20, 2004
Broken Arrow, OK

Hmmm. maybe just hung over?

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17715&postcount=12

I'm curious, how you know he was drunk for a fact? Field sobriety test, breathalyzer (sp?)?? Is swerving de facto proof of drunkenness? He was on a trail, could he have been avoiding a pot hole, or rock? Could he have been goofing off with his daughters?

Heck, I don't know...I wasn't there. There just doesn't seem to be any proof in your post.

By the way, what does this word "colanerated" mean?

Rover Puppy

Jun 10, 2004
Tallahassee, Florida

Rogerd said:
Let's show these guys we won't stand for there BS by hurting them where it counts, by not buying parts from them.

opinions?

My opinion...

Thanks for your post. You just reminded me that I broke the tabs off of my clear Hella Light Covers and forgot to order new ones from EE. I will be sure to order them this morning (from Expedition Exchange, of course).

I too, am a faithful customer of EE and that will never change. Personally, I can't say enough good things about Expedition Exchange. The only reason I have not bought anything from them in the last 9 months was because I was too busy wallowing in grief from losing Blue (my rover dog and team mate) and didn't even want to look at my truck. Since I seem to be getting back into my rover again, I'm sure I will frequent them again on a regular basis.

As far as the drinking goes, I can say this in total jest because I am fond of EVERYONE on this board and EVERYONE knows that is true.

So, here goes:

If Ho was indeed drunk (which I have trouble believing), it's all Dan Chapman's fault!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: