99 Disco 2 Factory Brush Guard Install Guide

woody9wood

Feb 8, 2006
Anyone got the Install guide for the factory Disco 2 brush guard they can email me? I've searched the threads and can't find a working link and no response back from others that have asked the same question. Of course the RAVE CD I have doesn't have the guide for the install. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Woody

hywy61

May 25, 2004
atlanta, ga
no guide but....

from memory

you have to remove the bumper. You will possibly need to cut another hole opposite the where the front tow hook is protruding.

Depending on where you bought the brush bar it may or may not have come with mounting brackets. Once you have these it is a little easier to see how it mounts.

woody9wood

Feb 8, 2006
If I don't get a response with the guide, I can always wing it. I got the guard used and it didn't come with any brackets. I'm hoping I don't need any as I was told I wouldn't. We'll see I guess. Thanks for the info....

Woody

hywy61

May 25, 2004
atlanta, ga
Unless you already had a brush guard with these installed i doubt they are there. I ran into the same problem. Bought the brush guard off ebay.

It will be easy to tell. Once you have the bumper off either you will have something to mount on or not.

The link below looks like the ones i had to buy from the dealer. Same price.

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/STC50192G.cfm

woody9wood

Feb 8, 2006
I've noticed a few different mounting connections for brush guards. The brush guard I have is the following:

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/STC50022G.cfm

I guess I'll soon find out what is actually required to hook this sucker up.

Updates to Follow......

Woody

P.S. Wonder if it's worth while taking pictures so there is something for the tech section? I was actually surprised there wasn't something already posted.

jaacina

Jan 17, 2006
St Paul, MN
It is pretty easy to do. Took about an hour. I personally did not take the bumper off. Just measure well before cutting/drilling through the bumper.

iangdisco2

Jan 30, 2006
Chichester, nh
I just sent you the pdf file with the instructions. Try roverconnection.com for the hardware and the brackets, they are about $60.00 total.

woody9wood

Feb 8, 2006
Thanks man. Guess I'll be buying some brackets. I'm going to check the guide out to see what I need to tear apart. Well, after I finish replacing my crank seal that is. Then on to the fun stuff!!!! Thanks again for the info everybody.

Woody

landrovergeek

Oct 23, 2005
Sparrows Point, MD
woody9wood said:
Anyone got the Install guide for the factory Disco 2 brush guard they can email me? I've searched the threads and can't find a working link and no response back from others that have asked the same question. Of course the RAVE CD I have doesn't have the guide for the install. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Woody

email sent

mike falconer

jaacina said:
It is pretty easy to do. Took about an hour. I personally did not take the bumper off. Just measure well before cutting/drilling through the bumper.

Did the U shaped mounting brackets just slide up and onto the frame member without any problems?

The install guide says to take off the front sections and rout out the bolt holes, then put them back on, then slide the U shaped brackets into place. Did you do all that?

Thanks,

woody9wood

Feb 8, 2006
mike falconer said:
Did the U shaped mounting brackets just slide up and onto the frame member without any problems?

The install guide says to take off the front sections and rout out the bolt holes, then put them back on, then slide the U shaped brackets into place. Did you do all that?

Thanks,

I didn't have to rout the holes out because I bought bolts from Lowes. I'm not sure about the ones that come with the kit. It actually was a pretty straight forward job. just needed the wife to hold the guard in place while I tightened the bolts. Thanks again for all the help guys and gals!!!!

Woody