D1 alloy Wheels

mikemeyer0

Apr 13, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Just testing the waters here, seeing what offers I'd get for a set of 5 in real good shape. Going to go to steel wheels.

SO...Any offers for a set of 5 98 D1 wheels with 20 lug nuts and the 3 spare lug nuts?

(16 inch)

mikemeyer0

Apr 13, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
ty1 said:
Can you send me some pics of the wheels? tyson325@msn.com Why are you going to steel wheels over the factory ones?
I do a lot of wheeling, also going with HD axles soon. I can get pics today sometime, we got about 3" of snow last night and still going, so when it lets up a bit I'll get out there and grab some pics.

T

ty1

Sounds good man! Thankfully the snow hasn't started yet up here...Whats the style called so I can just google image them? What are you looking to get for them?

d1driver

Oct 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
He will take them if they are Boosts without discussing price????

Not to steal the thread, but what are 5 boosts in reeeeally good condition worth these days?

mikemeyer0

Apr 13, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Here is a pic. Not sure what the name is called. All 5 are in good shape, they are dirty cause of the shitty weather we have been having. They do clean up well. One has a little rash but you notice it if your airing up the tire, or something (very small).

Not sure what I want for them, trying to get a good idea so I can afford steel wheels. Let me know offers, you can post them or PM them. Whatever you wanna do. Thanks.

click pic to enlarge.

Attachments

• 04-12-07_1352.jpg
    04-12-07_1352.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 44

NHESS81

Mar 23, 2006
CA
Those are pretty good. Better than the 'marshmallow' wheels seen on a majority of D1s. My 97 has a similar pattern to yours, I dont know the official name, but I think I heard 'deep dish' somewhere...maybe it was just pizza...who knows...I dont see why you couldnt get 500 for them at least. If they are in good condition. A brand new set of 5 would probably be around 700-over 1000 or so. The problem is, most people dont buy alloys, as the trucks came with them. Good luck! Try ebay? Or craigslist? or sell em to whats his name that already claimed without price? lol i keed i keed

ini88

Aug 6, 2006
I will take them. They are called "Boost" rims. i've been looking into getting a set. would you ship to NY? I'll PM ya.

d1driver

Oct 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Please tell all the price. I have a set, but would give em up if the price is right.

From what I have read, the boost wheels came stock on the 98 LSE's like mine. I have not heard anyone say they came stock on any other D1's. I have heard that they are the rims on trucks in Europe and on some Defenders in the US.

I have also heard they are the strongest alloy wheel produced by Land Rover.

Remember, these are things I read on here and other forums. Probably opinions. I really don't care whether I have them or not. Their just rims to me. :victory:

ini88

Aug 6, 2006
The boost wheel is stock on the UK Defenders, and never came on the NAS Defender. I have 5 Freestyle rims on my Defender and was looking at switching to these Boost style rims. I just dig the look of them, and its also a plus that they are strong too!

d1driver

Oct 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I suppose if I had a Defender, I probably would want boosts versus the stock freestyles.

My truck may end up a trail rig. If it does, my boosts with yoko a/t tires will get exchanged for some steel rims with m/t's om them.

Wonder if someone would be willing to trade me??