getting the jeep owners panties in a wod!

Jburt

Sep 13, 2005
The funny part is they've posted these other pics of flexing Jeeps and fail to point out that the FRAME of the disco is not flexing...

slangel

Oct 5, 2006
VA
The Jeep guys I wheel with get severely pissed when I can go most everywhere they do especially mud, and they have spent gobs on mods and mine is still stock.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
it's not the vehicles that bother me........it's the people that bother me.

every two weeks or so i am off roading and every two weeks i see a bunch of ignorant Jeep owners trashing the trails. beer cans, cutting down trees, etc. it's very much common place with them. maybe its just a VA thing, but i doubt it.

i am always impressed with Rover owners with the most part. especially when you consider MAR has 500 trucks with 1000 or so people and very little trash (if any) left behind.

KevinNY

Dec 28, 2004
Waxhaw,NC
Why are you going to a jeep site to post pics of a LR? You really WERE trolling, what did you expect. I am pretty darn sure your buddy is under 30 isn't he?

slangel

Oct 5, 2006
VA
garrett said:
it's not the vehicles that bother me........it's the people that bother me.

every two weeks or so i am off roading and every two weeks i see a bunch of ignorant Jeep owners trashing the trails. beer cans, cutting down trees, etc. it's very much common place with them. maybe its just a VA thing, but i doubt it.

i am always impressed with Rover owners with the most part. especially when you consider MAR has 500 trucks with 1000 or so people and very little trash (if any) left behind.

I have noticed this as well and I agree with you. I am constantly picking up the guys' cigarette butts ( I keep a can in the rover - even though I do not smoke), their trash and their kids' trash. Pisses me off. I have most of the kids now where they keep up with their trash, and I think they have watched my kids as well. Even my 18 month old brings me any wrappers she has or sees on the trails. I just don't get it.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
last week i was working on a 5 day training program and a bunch of Jeepers were using the site the day before us. they camped of course and the place was a mess. the owners of the facility don't seem to mind and consider it par for the course. i would be outraged to say the least. beer cans, bottles, trash, etc. and where does that shit goes when it gets windy? ends up all through the woods and the fall/spring is the best time to see all the junk the leave. even hoods from jeeps and blown out tires. the people are fucking pigs and trailer trash as far as i am concerned.
i'm all for a good time of camping, drinking and hitting some trails too, but have a little respect.
and don't get me started on the obnoxious 4 wheeler mentality. i wish fewer of them wore helmets.
this is certainly not a statement about ALL Jeep owners, but from what i have seen they are less than a desireable group.

slangel

Oct 5, 2006
VA
garrett said:
last week i was working on a 5 day training program and a bunch of Jeepers were using the site the day before us. they camped of course and the place was a mess. the owners of the facility don't seem to mind and consider it par for the course. i would be outraged to say the least. beer cans, bottles, trash, etc. and where does that shit goes when it gets windy? ends up all through the woods and the fall/spring is the best time to see all the junk the leave. even hoods from jeeps and blown out tires. the people are fucking pigs and trailer trash as far as i am concerned.
i'm all for a good time of camping, drinking and hitting some trails too, but have a little respect.
and don't get me started on the obnoxious 4 wheeler mentality. i wish fewer of them wore helmets.
this is certainly not a statement about ALL Jeep owners, but from what i have seen they are less than a desireable group.

The Jeep guys I wheel with aren't so bad it's mostly their cigarette butts and a few snack wrappers, but lately they have been making more of a concious effort, so maybe I am rubbing off on them.

mightymg

Mar 6, 2005
Clinton Ut
KevinNY said:
Why are you going to a jeep site to post pics of a LR? You really WERE trolling, what did you expect. I am pretty darn sure your buddy is under 30 isn't he?

my buddy brian posted it, made me laugh though! hahah

Mantaray

Apr 26, 2004
Fairfax, VA
garrett said:

you are wheeling around the wrong kind of Jeepers. the members of my club (for the most part) would give you a better idea of how a real Jeeper acts. i've owned a Disco, and been a Jeep owner for 11 years. it's been my experience that organized groups tend to treat the land well and it's the local good 'ole boys that get together randomly that are the ones that screw everything up. that's not a rule, but it stands true most of the time from my observations. i think part of it too is that Rovers cost more, so you typically get a more educated driver that has a better understanding of consequences. again, not a rule, because i know many Jeepers that are quite intelligent and i've seen Rover owners that shouldn't be legally able to drive because of their stupidity. there are extremes in drivers of all variety of vehicles. where were you at that you observed this poor behavior?

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
i'm not wheeling with these people, but just seeing what goes on during and after their events. there is also a Big Dogs event held at this location a few times a year. it's not a Jeep only event, but 80%+ Jeeps. more of the same. excessively loud music, beer cans wall to wall and lots of trail trash afterwards.

this location is at The Cove located in Gore, VA. it's a great site and beautiful property, but it is pretty clear the owners don't have much respect for the land. the large roll back dumpster is always overflowing with trash and never have i seen anyone doing trail clean up duty. not even any of the clubs. so i don't think they lead by example very well and it only lends itself to other people treating it the same way.

again i am not saying all Jeep owners have this mentality, but from what i have observed first hand they are far from reponsible. i've never seen ANY rover event come close to any of the shit these people do. maybe it's isolated to just this area, maybe it's not. regardless they represent their community in a poor way.

when we went to MAR for the cleanup there was really nothing to clean up. i mean i don't think i saw a bottle or can the whole time i was there.

The Cove is just littered with shit all over the trails.........once the summer hits most of it won't be visible.