Need ABS Fault codes

S1discoinSC

Sep 16, 2006
Greenville, SC
My 95 disco has an ABS light on and I did the flash codes adn got a 2-6 code. I looked for a thread that had the codes but couldnt find one. If anyone has a list of the codes and could post them I would appreciate it.

tomelroy

Dec 1, 2005
Morgan, UT
HOW TO GET THE CODES----------------

The ABS "display" is the actual abs light on the dash. It has its own computer, but not its own display box like the ECU. The procedure is as follows, according to my less than perfect memory: Under the drivers seat there is a white multi pin plug that has nothing connected to it. This is the testbook connection for the ABS. Make a short jumper from a piece of 14 ga wire and plug it into the black and into the black/purple wires' socket on the plug. The ABS light will them begin to flash a sequence of times, five flashes first, pause then a number of flashes, short pause, then an other number, long pause, repeat. So if it flashed twice, then five times, it is indicating fault 25. Then you look at the fault codes, whatever they may be!

THE ACTUAL CODES-----------------------------
Code 2-6 - Faulty stoplight switch or wiring. Fuse A5 blown or not fitted

Code 2-7 - Continuous supply to ECU with ignition off. Faulty valve relay or wiring

Code 2-8 - No voltage to ABS solenoid valves. Faulty valve relay or wiring.

Code 2-12 - Front right, too large an air gap or the sensor has been forced out by exciter ring.
Code 2-13 - Rear left, too large an air gap or the sensor has been forced out by exciter ring.
Code 2-14 - Front left, too large an air gap or the sensor has been forced out by exciter ring.
Code 2-15 - Rear right, too large an air gap or the sensor has been forced out by exciter ring.

Code 3-0 to 3-9 - Open circuit in connection from ECU to solenoid valve in booster, or in ECU

Code 4-0 to 4-9 - Short circuit to earth in connection from ECU to solenoid valve in booster

Code 4-12 - Front right, wiring to sensor broken or sensor resistance too high.
Code 4-13 - Rear left, wiring to sensor broken or sensor resistance too high.
Code 4-14 - Front left, wiring to sensor broken or sensor resistance too high.
Code 4-15 - Rear right, wiring to sensor broken or sensor resistance too high.

Code 5-0 to 5-9 - Short circuit to 12volt in connection from ECU to solenoid valve in booster, possible earth fault.

Code 5-12 - Front right, intermittent fault with sensor or wiring
Code 5-13 - Rear left, intermittent fault with sensor or wiring
Code 5-14 - Front left, intermittent fault with sensor or wiring
Code 5-15 - Rear right, intermittent fault with sensor or wiring

Code 6-0 to 6-9 - Short circuit between two connection from ECU to solenoid valve in booster.

Code 6-12 - Front right, no output from sensor, sensor may have too large an air gap.
Code 6-13 - Rear left, no output from sensor, sensor may have too large an air gap.
Code 6-14 - Front left, no output from sensor, sensor may have too large an air gap.
Code 6-15 - Rear right, no output from sensor, sensor may have too large an air gap.