Sep 7, 2004
Chicago, IL
WOW , all that fabrication time , so that you can have
something that looks like something that already exsists......:applause:

El_Cid_2000

Jul 9, 2004
Charleston, South Carolina
vabiro said:
Pretty good fabrication, considering he taught himself to weld just so he could do the project!

Anybody with enough guts/character to take on a project like this one, and finish it, deserves a pat on the back.

Truly genius.

Victor

I couldn't agree more. :applause: :applause:

Michael

UK 4X4

Jul 6, 2006
Planet earth currently Oman
"what a waste of time and energy..."

you obviously don't enjoy creating things......some people do and if we all had the same views the world would be pretty boring.....

The truck body looks great to me....its a shame the donor truck is so old and to me not worth using with the body....so much time and effort and then adding some old crap

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
UK 4X4 said:
The truck body looks great to me....its a shame the donor truck is so old and to me not worth using with the body....so much time and effort and then adding some old crap

X2

vabiro

UK 4X4 said:

you obviously don't enjoy creating things......some people do and if we all had the same views the world would be pretty boring.....

he could have put it on a Range Rover frame, and had something that could actually be driven off-road, when he wasn't cleaning the leaking oil off his driveway;)

Matt Taylor

Apr 20, 2004
New Orleans
I respect the work he did and I enjoy creating things, but what's the point in putting nice work into something that is going to be a piece of shit after your done with it? His work is nice, but the project is just goofy. And the engine and suspension are pieces of shit. That's all I'm saying.

kellymoe

Banned
Apr 23, 2004
Burbank
At least he didn't put that body on a broke down POS Land Rover. I have a ton of respect for craftsmen like him. He saw something he wanted and built his own truck from the ground up. Whether you like Hummers or not is beside the point, anyone can build up there truck, it's quite another thing to build and fabricate you own truck and parts. Hats off to the guy.

sean

Sep 28, 2004
that shelby is nice, as for the wannabe hummer, good work but with the time and money invested he could have bought a wrecked one and rebuilt it for less.

road1will

Apr 20, 2004
Atlanta, GA
UK 4X4 said:

Why does it matter how old it is? If what he is using is straight and rust free why does age matter? And from what I can tell hes going to rebuild/clean up the engine over the winter.

jmoore

Oct 7, 2004
Clifton Park, New York
kellymoe said:
At least he didn't put that body on a broke down POS Land Rover. I have a ton of respect for craftsmen like him. He saw something he wanted and built his own truck from the ground up. Whether you like Hummers or not is beside the point, anyone can build up there truck, it's quite another thing to build and fabricate you own truck and parts. Hats off to the guy.

WOW! I totally agree! That's amazing! Good for him!

UK 4X4

Jul 6, 2006
Planet earth currently Oman
"Why does it matter how old it is? If what he is using is straight and rust free why does age matter? And from what I can tell hes going to rebuild/clean up the engine over the winter."

If you've gone to the level of spending 3 years building a complete truck body from scratch....i would have thought it would be worth
mounting on either a modern chassis and suspension or a custom job.

Why put in so many hours to build something that performs like a 1970's truck.

Take the drive train and chassis and build suspension that will do the body justice, thats all