Aero Kroil better alternative to PB Blaster?

JacIntyre

Apr 20, 2004
Kano Kroil

I don't have enough good things to say about Kroil. It lives in one of my tool bags. Awesome for those tough frozen fasteners. Beats any other product I have tried. I have had the same can for about 7 years now and its just about time to get a replacement. It works so well you don't need a whole lot to get the job done.

K

Kyle

Rob has used it as well. Rob there has been a few cans of that floating around the garage for years.. Its decent.. smells like shit though

Kyle

S

syoung

Where do you find that stuff? Out of curiosity, I looked for it when I stopped off at the parts store on the way home from work. I've got to get the calipers off the Disco this weekend and the bolts are really stuck.

Ron

Jun 15, 2004
Main Line
Wurth makes a new product that is lube propelled by frozen thing.

No particular benefit but I have found that if you heat it up then blast it with the freezy stuff you have slightly improved your odds, watch for fire though!

Now it is hit it with the IR2131Ti and it either comes off or breaks so I feel ok with PB. Though PB eats rubber and the wurth stuff does not seem to.

Kriol is the mint stuff right?

Zep banana is ok too.

Fungible, but PB still is the best in my eyes.

Ron

Ron

Jun 15, 2004
Main Line
Steve, careful PB et. eats rubber so keep it away from the pistons on the calipers. Same idea for tie rod/ drag link ball joints, eats rubber.

Ron

Reed

Apr 20, 2004
Bonny Doon, CA
Over the years I have used all kinds of stuff. My two favorites are Gibbs, and Kroil. Gibbs used to have only one distributor, (not sure about now) but can be ordered online. The Kroil I can find at the local NAPA. There may be others that are better but I haven't found them.

Str0ud

Apr 20, 2004
Iowa
Wait, back the train up. Scented penetrating oil? I've been using the wrong sh!t.

LRWheelman

Sep 7, 2004
Stoutland,MO,USA
Hello! I've used Kano-Kroil for years now, I recently found Aero-Kroil @ Napa. We used it to take the bolts off of old tractors. I believe it's about as good a penetrating oil as you can get. I also use PB blaster, and Marvel penetrant, but I like Kroil the best. If the nut/bolt is huge, let it go a little while, or overnight for best results. Cabela's also has it. Thank You, LRW.