Part# for replacement D1 AC pulley bearing?

pdxrovermech

Jul 3, 2009
Portland, OR
Replaced the whole pulley with the bearing in it on a customers rig with a good used one, but I'm trying to get a new bearing so I can still have a good complete AC pump on hand. Pressed the old one out no problem and its a Nachi brand with a number:30BGS10DST2, but it doesnt cross reference to anything. So I was hoping one of you guys have been able to find a timkin replacement or something.

Neal:
One of the few positive things I learned working for those folks over on Grand Avenue was to not bother trying to do things like this.

While saving a client a few dollars seems like a good idea, it can turn around and bite you in the ass.

I finally learned that being a cheap bastard and cobbling trucks together was not the way to do things.

That said, I'll call my bearing guy.

OK, did some searching, made a few calls.

It looks like that might be a proprietary bearing made only for Sanden, just like the bearings in the ZF PAS pumps. None of the Nachi bearing spec sheets available to two of my suppliers even show a bearing with those dimensions.

When you find them, buy a bunch! OTOH, Napa probably has piles of them that can be crossed.

I'll see if my wife can find anything for us, but it's slightly out of her company's field.

pdxrovermech

Jul 3, 2009
Portland, OR
ptschram said:
Neal:
One of the few positive things I learned working for those folks over on Grand Avenue was to not bother trying to do things like this.

While saving a client a few dollars seems like a good idea, it can turn around and bite you in the ass.

I finally learned that being a cheap bastard and cobbling trucks together was not the way to do things.

That said, I'll call my bearing guy.

Agreed. you reach a point where its not worth the trouble, but in this situation it was much quicker to replace his pulley/bearing than it was to evac the AC, replace the pump, and recharge the AC. I was just hoping to find a replacement bearing for around $20 so I could throw our spare back together though.