new music you're listening to...

mgreenspan

Feb 28, 2005
Briggs's Back Yard
This is what I'm listening to now. Most of it isn't new, but it is new to me.

The Del McCoury Band
This band is folk band. Really good in my opinion if you like music with banjo in it.

South
Don't know much about this band, but a few songs by them are really good. Loosen Your Hold and Paint the Silence come to mind.

...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
Amazing band. I've been listening to them since high school. Got their new cd a few months ago, Worlds Apart, really good CD and one of their old ones Source Tags and Codes.

Bright Eyes
Awesome guy. Some magazines call him the new Bob Dylan. I disagree, but think he's great.

Widespread Panic
Not new, but listening to them a lot now. Good stuff.

The Arcade Fire
Album is called Funeral. Singing sounds kinda like the modest mouse singer, but the music is awesome. The songs are all really good w/ lots of great progressions and lots of awesome bass. I highly recommend this one.

What are you listening to?

A

Andre

Rage Agianst The Machine
Do I need to say anything?

Funker Vogt
A war themed electronica/industrial group from germany that sings in german and english

The Killers, Paul Oakenfold, and various other electronica dj's. Yes, i got lazy halfway through this post.

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
Hmmmm new music?

well, i'm likin' the new Gorillaz a bunch

just got the new STEPHEN MALKMUS, it's good too
THE CONCRETES, i've been listening to a bunch lately
and the new SLEATER-KINNEY is awesome.

i saw BRIGHT EYES w/ the FAINT in Denver a few weeks back...
i was blown away by the FAINT, but BRIGHT EYES was a bit of a disapointment

we're going to see ARCADE FIRE W/ DAVID BYRNE here towards the end of the week...should be good. Also BEN FOLDS and RUFUS WAINWRIGHT next month too... :D

Last edited:

nosivad_bor

Mar 27, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
New
Bens Folds songs for silverman CD is awesome. More serious than most but refreshing, some might say its a more depressing sound. but i love that more melodic sound. 5 stars from me.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/102-0355032-1836912?v=glance&s=music

Royksopp has a new CD about to come out. I've sampled a few tracks and it's sounds pretty good.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...9/sr=2-3/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_3/102-0355032-1836912

Coldplay, I bought the new CD but havent listened to it yet. I fear from there First single that they are begining to have the every-song-sounds-the-same problem. But I loved the first two. different enough that it was fresh. I'll have to find out, I have a road trip comming up next week and i am saving the CD for that.

Got the latest stuff from Dolorean, sort of folky guitars and harmony.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...102-0355032-1836912?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Free download on Amazon, if you like it you love the album.

Blue Merle CD came out a few months ago., The dude sounds just like coldplay singer but the music is very bluegrass meets folk.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...7/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-0355032-1836912

I HATED Bjorkes latest album. :(

I put together a pretty good mix the other day of Beach boys favorites. Thats been on my mind. i've been singing, in my room , in my head in my sleep everynight. great tune.

My latest Chill out CD is from Charanga Cakewalk which is just one guy i think.
CD has a sweet wet electro loungy sound, Loteria de la Cumbia Lounge
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/102-0355032-1836912?v=glance&s=music

last
Lorretta Lynns Van Lear Rose it's good shit. I dont know if is the shock of finding out who singing and who produced it or what but i was like " talk to the hand" when i heard this album getting good reviews. Naturaly i wanted to see how wrong the critics were. good thing i am not stubborn.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...6/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-0355032-1836912

rd

Landrovernick

Apr 21, 2004
Las Vegas
Hey mainerova isnt O.C.M.S awesome. Its really a shame they are staying on the east coast. I though I was the only one listening to their stuff. Now they need to release more music. Possibly the stuff already recorded. I know that CMT has had them in the studio doing acoustic recordings for their show Studio 330 sessions. Go to their site and listen to Caroline. I encourage everyone to purchase this cd it is awesome.

DIIdude

Aug 28, 2004
A while back I bought MX vs. ATV for my son?s Xbox and I've got to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed playing that game to some of the songs on it. Cold and Getting Away With Murder are two that come to mind.

DiscoJen

Aug 27, 2004
The Lou!
It's not really new (mid 2004), but I only recently purchased Juliana Hatfields latest "In Exile Deo" and there are a few songs that I think are her best yet. She's got a bit of a rockabilly bluesy kinda feel to this one and it's the same yet different. I'm diggin' it.

Sucks to hear that the new Bjork blows though. :( Guess I'll save my bucks.

And ummm, am I weird because I can't get that damn "I Like To Move It" song from Madagascar outta my head? It's driving me freakin' crazy! I call my friends in the middle of the night and scream "I like to move it move it, I am King Julius" into the phone, I sing it out loud in the middle of the grocery store or while doing yardwork just to entertain myself. It moves me!

I miss the Spinanes. :(

K

KEJ

In ye olde CD changer I currently have:

Jimmy Buffett- "Meet Me in Margaritaville"

Van Morrison (finally got a few moldy-oldies on CD, "Wavelength" is in the changer)

Husky Rescue- Really interesting, quirky Scandanavian band that uses steel guitar on every track

Um.....a male folk singer whose name escapes me at the moment....not a household name except to folkies, which I am not.....great flat-picking guitar though....dayum...his name is......BTSOM!

Waiting for a back order of a Marta Topferova CD to arrive, my first try with her.

KJ

mainerova

Mar 12, 2005
Poland, Maine
Nice to see some OCMS fans, good musicians, great instruments, awesome lyrics, I am constanly singing along with them, not a pretty picture, they are getting big fast, bonaroo this year.