Wet Floor

Disco007

Apr 25, 2004
Columbia, Missouri
Spent all day at buddy's house and used the disco for about a 1 hour to get there had no problem this time. Went and saw some fireworks and on the way back wife(passenger) says that her floor is wet and hot to the touch. We've had the AC on when we've been in it (grand total use=2hrs). Get home and look at passenger front floor the carpet is soaked, the padding under it is soaked and nothing else. the front of the foot area is not wet the center carpet isn't wet. Weird. My thought has to be AC related is there some overflow drain that may be plugged? Anybody else have this occurance?

1995 D1 Stock
RJ

Ronan

Apr 20, 2004
www.roxs.us
Disco 007 - You need to unplug the drain valves for the AC. There is a drain valve for each side of the truck. They run down each side of the transfer case under the truck. They are rubber nipples with a cross cut in them. Once you find them, unplug them by feeding a small scredriver or coathanger into the nipple (they get clogged with mud and debris). Shield your eyes - once you unplug the drain, the water will flow out, down your arm and all over you.

Have fun

Jason 47
www.roxs.us

Meisterbr?wn

Jul 20, 2004
Longview, WA
Yep, this happened to me as well. I didn't notice the dampness, but the odor that started after a few days - yuck!

No special tools required, just get on the floor, and locate the nipples with a flashlight. My passenger side had a small rock stuck in it, that was all.