Rear driveshaft flange

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
I just ordered some new driveshafts from Tom Woods, and my mechanic is putting them in. When he got to the rear one, which was the stock DII one w/ rotoflex, he said that he is missing a flange to connect it to the diff.. he said the part runs about $140 from land rover.. is this correct? If so, anyplace I can get this part cheaper?

Apr 20, 2004
Floyd, Virginia
Yes, And Hopefully No

He Has To Take The Roto Flange Off And Replace It With The U Joint Style Flange...the Flange Is Rather High But That Sounds A Bit More Than What I Remember Paying For The Last Conversion We Did.

nickb857

Apr 21, 2004
Las Vegas
you can get the 4 bolt flange from atlantic british for like $85. It comes with everything you need to change it out.

F

Flashphoton

The AB part number is STC3722? current pricing shows as $82.95 You?ll also need a shaft spacer which is part number 539745 $11.95 The job one takes 1-2 hours as long as the center pin on the Rotoflex flange isn?t stuck. If it is stuck you might need all day. Mine was stuck and I had to very carefully flame cut it away. Lots of careful torch work along with pounding and prying. Good Luck!!

P

PHARAOHDISCO

Use a puller to pullout the center pin. Don't use a torch. I fabricated my own puller and it is much easier doing it this way rather than being frustrated all day by trying to cut it or bang it out.

Gordo

roversnorth

I just did mine Rotoflex on my D1 a couple months ago and the flange kit was on sale for 42 bucks from RN. Just missed that though as I pulled them up and they are 112 at RN for the kit with the seal, dust guard etc. YOur mechanic is probably forced to buy this from the dealer so the price may not be that high. Why couldnt you source a used one from a wreck? Not sure but I would think they would be the same. Gordo