SCUBA Tank Holder for DSII

M

MichaelV

I was about to design a scuba tank holder for the rear of my DSII, when I thought maybe someone else on this board solved the problem. Has anyone designed a tank holder for the cargo area of a DSII that can accomodate four tanks and would be willing to share the design?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Last edited:
M

MichaelV

I suppose I coould buy four of those.... mount each one to a single sheet of plywood, and stand the whole unit up so it rested against the rear seat, tanks facing the rear door, but visually, that feels awkward to me. Is that what you had in mind?

93Disco

I have found it safer to have them lying down on the floor.
I have also seen cylender holders on ebay you can get them for 2, 3, 4 and so on.
Shop around and something will come up.

scubaman99

Jun 7, 2004
Sunnyvale, CA
www.keepmedia.com
that should actually work great... the tanks all come from the same place Luxifer most likely and if it will hold what looks to be a 65 then im sure it will hold a Scuba 80

but the problem with this is it only holds one tank and if your like many divers you want more then one tank

in that case get a pelican tank rack and mount it to a piece of plywood. they come in "four inline" "four square 2x2" and "six 2x3"

M

MichaelV

Thanks for the suggestion Scubaman. My worry there is that the unit could not hold the tank in place in the event of an accident. Have you used that unit?

Michael

Porter

Apr 20, 2004
I do tek diving and teach scuba with my Disco all the time. I have a factory dog guard, and I use heavy duty bungie to hold the tanks upright on the tank valves. I can put two sets of doubles or 4 steel 95's. Then I pack all the gear in front of it.

Porter

Apr 20, 2004
if your worried about an accident and the tanks moving around, use a chain to hook around the tank as well, but if you use some heavy duty bungie, you shouldn't have any problem. A bonus is that the tank valve is facing vertical, so either way its not facing the back of your head or the face of the person that rear-ends you. With the tanks vertical, the possibility of damage to the valves is minimal.