D1 sliders

Disco-very

Dec 18, 2011
Bailey, Colorado
I'm trying to decide which style of sliders I should pick up for my D1. I see two styles, those that mount to the frame and door sill and those that mount to just the sill. Which style works better for keeping my Disco intact?

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
Frame will always be better. However, I've got a set of Bottorf sliders and theyre actually pretty good. They only attach to the sill but they wrap the entire sill like this "U". If you don't get frame supported ones look for ones that wrap the sill, though I don't recommend Bottorf! ;)

ukoffroad

Jan 13, 2010
Lynchburg, Va
the body sill and frame have some movement separate of each other via the body mounts, not sure how that plays into it. I had the RTE sill mounted sliders on my Classic, held up for a long time until I came down really hard on the drivers side, with most of the weight outboard towards the tree sliders. Bent them up enough to block the door opening. For most use they would be fine, if you are going to beat on rocks all day the frame mount addition might be better, I have not tried them.

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
Kennith, what are yoy talking about? It's called a nerf bar, tree sliders, etc. Are you 3ft tall? The RoxStar sliders are nice. Seen them in person and they're solid.

Denny, I know you build a quality product. My biggest gripe is that its hard to window shop.