Condenser Fan Motor Specs

B

Brian

I have put TOO MUCH time into this.

Does anyone happen to know the technical specs for the condenser fan motors on a '97 D1? I would assume that they are the same for most D1s, but I need to know:

(1) Amps
(2) RPMs (or CFM)

I am trying to replace both of mine which are dead. However, I do not see the need to acquire both entire fan assemblies when only the motors are dead. I have found some comparable Siemens DC motors for $12.50 each on the web, but I need to know the specifics so I can cross-reference. I have called around at Denso, but they say that OEM equipment specs are proprietary. They will not even tell Rover Service Departments if they call (and they do call quite often). Anyway, that is what I was told. I would assume that these Denso motors can be replaced with other brands very cheaply.

Here is some more info if anyone can give me ANY advice:

Manufacturer: Denso
Denso Part #: 065000-2321
Other #s painted on motor: 12V 25 20 (exactly as shown)

I know that I am not the ONLY one out there to try to replace the condenser fan motors only instead of the whole fan unit. I could use any of the following:

(1) Cross-refrence for another brand (Siemens, etc.)
(2) The serial number from the motors off of a newly replaced D1 fan assembly
(3) The tech specs above
(4) The email/phone# of someone who would know this
(5) Where to buy a replacement Denso MOTOR(S) ONLY

I have tried everything to find these motors (or similar). These motors have to be replaced with a new unit because apparently the tolerances are too exact for a human to replicate, so they cannot be rebuilt. They are disposable, I did find out that much.

Thanks in advance,

Brian :confused:

tex599

Aug 13, 2007
FT. WORTH TX
You can go to a junkyard and get the fans out of a toyota corrolla, can't remember which years to look for. Do a search, there has been quite a bit written on this. I paid $35 for both and they work great.