Rear Bumper

LiveAtTheEdge

Apr 19, 2004
Lafayette, NorCal
Rear bumper, Are there any other rear bumper options than Rovertym and safarigard? I'm leaning twd rovertym because of the price being so much cheaper. I really like Mike's rear bumper from the d-web rubicon video. I called rockware who have custom made one before but they informed me they need the car..uh no...and that altering the rear end costs as much as fabricating the bumper. So a month without my rover and 2K is a no go as much as i like the bumper. Anyone got any other idea's? It has to protect the rear quarter pannel so kaymar one's are out unless they changed their design.

Cheers

Jack

stansell

Jun 14, 2004
Norfolk, VA
Trek also makes a rear bumper. www.trek.com
Also, try Aedofab. Can't vouch for the quality of any of the above, just ran across them while searching for a rear bumper myself.

mikeyb

Jun 18, 2004
Dallas
i have been pretty happy with the one i got from greg davis, but i don't know if he is making anything for a dI...i don't do much tail dragging, but i like it...

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
I made this a couple of weekends ago. I tore off my cover too and figured why fix it if it's going to happen again?
I actually cut part of the quarter panel off but it would be easy to make it wrap around if you didn't want do any cutting.
I added a couple of Hella work lights to replace the rear fog lights. I'll also cut that resonator off and replace with a straight pipe soon.

Attachments

• P6090076 (Medium).JPG
    P6090076 (Medium).JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 242
  • P6090074 (Medium).JPG
    P6090074 (Medium).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 199
Last edited: