ODB II Code P1177

RoverDisco98

Jul 27, 2004
Chicagoland
Got a check engine light with a code P1177. From what I can find it translates to

P1177 Land Rover FMFR Correction At maximum Negative Value

Anyone got an idea what that means.

I was out playing in the mud this weekind but have cleaned the underside, checked sensor connections and the truck is running find.

Oct 27, 2004
The long term fuel trim is set too rich. The comptuer, based on input from the sensors, adjusts the fuel trim to bring more or less fuel into the engine. Yours is too rich. Indicating possibly a vacuum leak. Your easiest and cheapest fix is to clean your mass air flow sensor, as a misreading MAF sensor will confuse the computer. If that doesnt fix it, I would look for vacuum leaks.

M

mkronmal

PVC hose Q for Chris

Chris,

On my '98 Disco, the PCV hose from rocker cover to plenum is collapsed while running. I've replaces twice. Anyway to get that to work right?

Thanks

Oct 27, 2004
mkronmal said:
Chris,

On my '98 Disco, the PCV hose from rocker cover to plenum is collapsed while running. I've replaces twice. Anyway to get that to work right?

Thanks

Its working right. Those hoses are only good for about 30,000 miles.
Check both sides, they both fall apart.

Oct 27, 2004
Aha. :)
I suspect the hole in the valve cover it attached to is clogged.

Clean it out with some gumout and a q-tip. Or if its real heavy, scarpe it with a small screwdriver.

M

mkronmal

Hmmm....

I pulled out the oil separator and cleaned it off good and put it back. What is on the underside? Is there something on the inside surrounding the oil separator that could be plugged? I'm going to be running the Amsoil Motor Flush through before I switch to 0w30 synthetic, maybe that will clean something out? Perhaps a squirt of seafoam through the oil separator hole? Maybe hit it with an air gun?

Oct 27, 2004
mkronmal said:
I pulled out the oil separator and cleaned it off good and put it back. What is on the underside? Is there something on the inside surrounding the oil separator that could be plugged? I'm going to be running the Amsoil Motor Flush through before I switch to 0w30 synthetic, maybe that will clean something out? Perhaps a squirt of seafoam through the oil separator hole? Maybe hit it with an air gun?

Dunno, I usually clean it with carb cleaner adn that cures it up. Pictures maybe? Maybe if I can see what your looking at.